No announcement yet.

Jump Dive Roll and still a perfect aim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump Dive Roll and still a perfect aim?

Hey guys got a question, kinda new to BF2, but how do you manage to jump dive roll and place a perfect kill shot to ones head while doing this? Tons of people I run acrossed do this. Another things is that I'll take a well placed shot to an AT guy and it's like he doesn't even have to move, and places a one shot kill on me while I'm sniping with the .50cal. I could be at the top of the crane and him be on the ground and he still gets me in one shot. What gives?

Re: Jump Dive Roll and still a perfect aim?

it's an animation
    what is happening is the player is going prone and still firing on the way down with the same or improved prone accuracy

Comment

play alot of bf2 and it gets easyer to kill people.

Comment

So is there a way to know exactly where someone is when you get hit? I know the red will inform you of where the general direction of the shot came from but to know what roof or window I'm at? And how do you know what will pass through a wall or not (weapon)? Thanks for the assist.

Comment

Originally posted by ckt010
          So is there a way to know exactly where someone is when you get hit? I know the red will inform you of where the general direction of the shot came from but to know what roof or window I'm at?
          No way to tell where they are exactly. Once you play on the maps a dozen or so times you begin to understand the general flow and tactics employed on each...so you get a better idea.

Comment

This is a great site. Not often do I go to a forum and post and get a response without having to wait a while. Already had 40 something looks in like 5 minutes. Thanks again in advance. Well as you can see I'm new so any additional advice will be great thanks.

Comment

well, for me, i take aim while still in mid air. so that when im prone, i get a headshot instantly. its effective since your enemy will most likely be confused and have difficulty shooting a jumping enemy. or he might spray till he needs to reload, and you prone and shoot him while he reloads.
              the roll is jus an animation when u prone while moving left or right.

Comment

Conversly, if you see somebody dive/rolling in front of you, dont shoot at them as them are falling, shoot where you predict they will hit the ground... if they are facing right at you and dive toward the ground, shoot at their feet... chances are, they are already on their stomach and you will be hitting them in the head.

Also, when you see somebody dive and you have a choice of actions, strafe to one side or the other... it makes you a harder target.

Comment

99 percent of the people I run into, they auto hit prone, so I usually just aim at the ground and I get the kill .

Comment

Another things is that I'll take a well placed shot to an AT guy and it's like he doesn't even have to move, and places a one shot kill on me while I'm sniping with the .50cal. I could be at the top of the crane and him be on the ground and he still gets me in one shot. What gives?
                    I'm rather masterful at sweet AT shots from distance. Basically, I get you lined up pixel perfect (well, a few pixels perfect, I'm not Neo or anything) so the red of your name becomes visible and then fire at whatever bit of you is sticking out. It's quite easy actually.

Comment

... dumb question... but how do I roll?

Comment

Another things is that I'll take a well placed shot to an AT guy and it's like he doesn't even have to move, and places a one shot kill on me while I'm sniping with the .50cal. I could be at the top of the crane and him be on the ground and he still gets me in one shot. What gives?
                        Three things will answer this question:

1. The .50 cal M95 sniper rifle (actually, all sniper rifles) will take 2 shots to kill unless you hit them in the head with the first one. Yes, it's silly, but they did it for balance reasons.

2. You are not being hit with a rifle/shotgun/SMG by the AT guy, you are being hit with an ERYX/SRAW missile that is designed to be used on armor but is extremely effective against infantry. If you get hit with one, you are dead. Even the splash damage can kill you if it is close enough.

3. The AT missiles can be guided by the AT guy. So, if he has an idea of where you are, he can fire in your general direction and make small corrections to the path of the missile while it is on its way to you once he finds your exact location.

I hope that helps,

-KS

Hey guys got a question, kinda new to BF2, but how do you manage to jump dive roll and place a perfect kill shot to ones head while doing this? Tons of people I run acrossed do this.
                        I forgot one other thing. According to people who have the 1.4beta (yes it is out, look at the sticky at the top of the forums) the jump/dive/prone/headshot (A.K.A. "dolphin dive") has been removed from the game.

I think the functionality of the dolphin dive is still there, but the accuracy deviation is off the charts. So, you can still do it, but you won't be able to hit anything for the first second or so after you are prone. Don't quote me on this, I am just repeating what others who have the 1.4beta have posted. BTW, this will be great for shotgun guys, since we don't really care about deviation anyways...I mean, it IS a shotgun.

-KS

Originally posted by Kae-Nine
                        ... dumb question... but how do I roll?
                        Not dumb at all. The rolling is just an animation that the person watching sees. The person doing it does not see it at all. To do it, step to the side (right or left strafe) and go prone. I think you can also do it by moving forward + left/right strafe + prone.

-KS

Comment

And how do you know what will pass through a wall or not (weapon)?
                          Having slowly & painfully learned this, sometimes it isn't the weapon, but YOU, that is passing through the wall. Let's say you're in a tower like the 2 at the west side of the Wake airfield. A tank is shooting at you, so you go prone and turn around to watch for somebody coming up the ladder at you. The tank may see your legs & feet sticking out of the wall, and he can hit & kill you by shooting at them. I've shot a couple of guys that way, but I don't recall ever killing somebody in the tower if I couldn't see body parts either over or through the wall. So in that case, it isn't what weapons penetrate the wall, it's a strange animation. I make the effort now when I go prone to do it in the middle of the tower, far enough away from the wall that I don't offer the enemy an "ankle shot."

Comment

Working...
                          X