• Show
Clear All

Re: Beta 1.4 is out!

Originally posted by AlphaNut
    :laugh: this would do great in my sig :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Haha

Comment

Does anyone have a mirror that doesn't simulate dialup internet?

Comment

I still need a real download link that actually gives me more than 8kb/s

Comment

For those who wonder how to make 2 versions of the game:

Beta Disclaimer

Greetings!
          By taking part in this BETA you are accepting the risks related to the use of non-final code. EA & DICE are not responsible for any harm caused by the use of these files. EA will not provide customer support for any issues related to the use of any BETA related files. Any issues experienced during the use of these files should be reported to the EA Battlefield2 forums.

Helpful Tips:

Installation steps to protect your original BF2 install:
          Beta Installation

Go to “C:\Program Files\EA GAMES”
          Right click the “Battlefield 2” folder and choose “Copy”
          Right click anywhere away from this folder and choose “Paste”
          Once the copy has completed, you will have two folders named “Battlefield 2” and “Copy of Battlefield 2”
          Install the patch 1.4 beta, then start the game as normal

When you wish to switch back to the release version of BF2, use the following steps:

Go to “C:\Program Files\EA GAMES”
          Right click the “Battlefield 2” folder and choose “Rename”
          Rename the folder to something like “Battlefield 2 Beta”
          Right click the “Copy of Battlefield 2” folder
          Rename the folder the “Battlefield 2”
          Start the game as normal.

The shortcut will run BF2.exe from whichever folder is named “Battlefield 2” and both installations share the same registry entries.

Using the above steps will negate the need to completely uninstall and re-install whenever you wish to switch from the retail version to the beta version and vice versa.

Feedback & Bug Reporting: There will be threads hosted on the EA forums in which you can provide your feedback on the 1.4 patch. Please direct all feedback to these lists and not to customer service. Customer Service will not provide support for any Patch Beta issues. We are eager to receive your feedback on this patch beta!

Communicate in game: When playing in one of the BETA servers make sure to communicate any issues you see to others in the server. This will allow you to quickly discover if the issues you experience are unique to you or not.

Screenshots: It is extremely helpful to our development teams to be able to have a visual reference for any issues or feedback you provide. Whenever possible please provide a screenshot with your bug reports or feedback.

Crash Logs: If you experience a crash please check your dmp file located at: C:\Documents and Settings\<xxx>\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Dmp. Report your crash in the Official EA Forums and be prepared to provide the dump file if requested.

DX Diag report: For any technical issue experienced we may need you to provide your system spec and driver information. All of this can be gathered by selecting the ‘run’ option in the start menu and entering “dxdiag” then pressing Enter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
            Someone upload the txt readme so we can dl it.
            or just paste it quoted in here puhlease!!! my dl is at 7KB/s no way can i wait 6.5 hrs to see what the change log is!!! ~

Comment

*patching now*

The actual patching is a lot faster at least

I posted the readme on page 2 by the way...

Comment

Wonder if there are many bug fixes that cause more bugs?

Comment

cool, thx a lot Leeham. I was hoping for a changelog, but guess not. Post what you see different if you can. And maybe see what the jets are like?

Comment

Originally posted by Leeham
                    I posted the readme on page 2 by the way...
                    that's all they included? no change log or anything details about what was updated/fixed/changed?

Comment

well so far ive downloaded a whole 3mb, this is a joke, there must be more mirrors

someone be generous and upload it to rapidshare

Comment

ffs i was getting a slow 20 kbs and i come back to 6, geuss i wont be testing this untill i get m dsl.

Comment

Patch complete! Rebooting to clear resources and Screenies are on their way!

Comment

I'm currently downloading at steady 400KB/s from i3d.nl.
                            I guess it is a bottleneck somewhere at a continental, or over-seas node.

Comment

Someone PLEASE upload to Rapidshare.de or FileFront!!!!

Comment

Awesome Leeham.

Comment

Working...
                                X