Beta 1.4 is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beta 1.4 is out!

lets please keep the number of threads about the 1.4 to a minimum please, we dont need 50 of them

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
      lets please keep the number of threads about the 1.4 to a minimum please, we dont need 50 of them
      lock all threads that and make this one "the one" thread for 1.4 :O

Comment

I'm downloading now: 112kbps

I just want to see RTJ in action. Will provide screenshots shortly

Comment

Will we be able to play on ranked servers with this beta patch out? Or are we going to get the different version issue?

Comment

You gotta wait for the full patch to play ranked

Comment

Originally posted by Orion126
              Will we be able to play on ranked servers with this beta patch out? Or are we going to get the different version issue?
              Did you even click the link in the OP?

The 1.4 beta patch can only be played on unranked servers and a select number of EA Trusted Partners is allowed to host these servers. The client patch is available as full (530 mb size) and incremental (140 mb size) version and is not backwards compatible. Because there won't be many 1.4 beta servers online, it is not wise to upgrade to this beta version unless you are willing to contribute in the bugfind proces.
              The readme of beta patch 1.4 describes how to be able to play both 1.3 and 1.4
              Feedback of any kind of bugs is welcome, please contact your EA Trusted Partner and include as much details as possible. In The Netherlands your are welcome to contact i3d.nl (info@i3d.nl) for feedback on beta patch 1.4

Comment

Someone upload the txt readme so we can dl it.

Comment

If someone gives me a faster mirror to download from - I will upload it to sfv-clan.net...

Comment

Dang, that complicates things...would love to test it, but I'de be out of commission from the clan...decisions decisions...

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                      >I dont trust that source.

EA UK ?
                      :laugh: this would do great in my sig :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

i cant even get a connection on the original link, need a new mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
                          Someone upload the txt readme so we can dl it.
                          I will in about 3 minutes hopefully

Comment

Kinda cool , I'll prolly wait since I don't have a ****load of space on my HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion126
                              Dang, that complicates things...would love to test it, but I'de be out of commission from the clan...decisions decisions...
                              Make a copy of your BF2 folder and patch there ?

BTW - Downloading from NL 1000mbit @ 500KBps

Comment

Beta Disclaimer
                                Greetings!
                                By taking part in this BETA you are accepting the risks related to the use of non-final code. EA & DICE are not responsible for any harm caused by the use of these files. EA will not provide customer support for any issues related to the use of any BETA related files. Any issues experienced during the use of these files should be reported to the EA Battlefield2 forums.

Helpful Tips:
                                Installation steps to protect your original BF2 install:
                                Beta Installation
                                Go to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES"
                                Right click the "Battlefield 2" folder and choose "Copy"
                                Right click anywhere away from this folder and choose "Paste"
                                Once the copy has completed, you will have two folders named "Battlefield 2" and "Copy of Battlefield 2"
                                Install the patch 1.4 beta, then start the game as normal
                                When you wish to switch back to the release version of BF2, use the following steps:
                                Go to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES"
                                Right click the "Battlefield 2" folder and choose "Rename"
                                Rename the folder to something like "Battlefield 2 Beta"
                                Right click the "Copy of Battlefield 2" folder
                                Rename the folder the "Battlefield 2"
                                Start the game as normal.
                                The shortcut will run BF2.exe from whichever folder is named "Battlefield 2" and both installations share the same registry entries.
                                Using the above steps will negate the need to completely uninstall and re-install whenever you wish to switch from the retail version to the beta version and vice versa.
                                Feedback & Bug Reporting: There will be threads hosted on the EA forums in which you can provide your feedback on the 1.4 patch. Please direct all feedback to these lists and not to customer service. Customer Service will not provide support for any Patch Beta issues. We are eager to receive your feedback on this patch beta!
                                Communicate in game: When playing in one of the BETA servers make sure to communicate any issues you see to others in the server. This will allow you to quickly discover if the issues you experience are unique to you or not.
                                Screenshots: It is extremely helpful to our development teams to be able to have a visual reference for any issues or feedback you provide. Whenever possible please provide a screenshot with your bug reports or feedback.
                                Crash Logs: If you experience a crash please check your dmp file located at: C:\Documents and Settings\<xxx>\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Dmp. Report your crash in the Official EA Forums and be prepared to provide the dump file if requested.
                                DX Diag report: For any technical issue experienced we may need you to provide your system spec and driver information. All of this can be gathered by selecting the ‘run’ option in the start menu and entering "dxdiag" then pressing Enter.

Comment

Working...
                                X