Mic Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic Question

I have some questions about setting up a mic to use in the game. I've searched but didnt find anything that really answered my questions. I bought a cheap mic the other day but my friends could barely hear me in the game. Even when yelling into mic w/ sound recorder it was really low. I set the mic volume to high. I'm assuming that mic is broken and returned it. I've ordered a better mic and should get it in a few days. I wanted to know what setting in game and in windows should I use to get the best sound quality. If it helps I have a sb audigy 2 5.1 sound card. The mic i'm getting plugs into the sound card. It is not a usb mic. The mic I ordered is the Cyber Acoustics Ear Clip Headset with Boom Microphone Model: AC-740 (found on amazon cheap). It's also a headset but since I have 5.1 speakers I will not only be plugging in the microphone. Also what is the threshold setting in bf2 for. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Mic Question

Turn mic boost on?

Comment

Well, turning up sound quality will give you cooler explosions and awesome artillery bangs, but it will decrease your FPS by quite much. The better soundcard you have, the higher settings you can run.

And what do you mean with threshold settings?

EDIT:
      Originally posted by Jobby McJobby
      Turn mic boost on?
      I have found that making my mic echo, and after the while the echo increases and will give you a strange sound...

Comment

Well I have the sound set to hardware and high. I have no problems with fps. I have everything on high and still get 70 to 90fps. As far as the threshold setting maybe it's called something else. Under the audio settings under the voip options under mic boost there is an option for threshold or something like that. There is a slider for an option from 0% to 100%. It also has a button for mic test or something. Sorry i'm not at my computer right now (at work) so cant see for sure what it's called. What does that do and what should it be set to or does that not matter.

Comment

I have no idea about the threshold setting... If you're getting 70FPS at all high (including sound), then you've got an awesome computer, and you should keep all settings at high.

Comment

Once the mic is hooked up, prior to going into BF2, go to your START>CONTROL PANEL>SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES and click on the VOICE tab. From here, click on the VOLUME button of the voice recording area. A small panel of volume controls will appear. On this panel, make sure the MIC slider is all the way up and then go to the OPTIONS word in the upper left hand corner of the panel and use the pulldown to select ADVANCED CONTROLS. This will make an advanced button appear below the mic controls. Click on that button. On this new panel, click on the Mic Boost box. Close it up and you should be as ready as you can be for setting up the BF2 Audio controls.

Best of luck,

Simon

Comment

thanks for the answers. hopefully it will work ok.

Comment

Yeah, good luck. Post here if you didn't get it to work...

Comment

Working...
                X