Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bizzare problem - BF2 and whole internet disconnects during map change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizzare problem - BF2 and whole internet disconnects during map change...

I'm having a most bizzare probelm. I've been playing a lot over the long weekend and 95% of times when the map would change I get disconnected from the server. Most bizzare thing is I also get disconnected from TS and my whole internet goes down. I can't open a single website. It affects my whole network and not only the PC I'm playing BF2 on.

I would obviously assume it's my ISP's problem but it seems extremely strange it almost only happens when map changes. I have not been disconnected a single time during the round and over the last 4 days I've been disconnected probably 20 times. Every single one of them when the map was changing.

I did get disconnected from internet a couple of times when just browsing but again it seems kinda strange that it never happened during the round.

Any ideas what's going on. I keep thinking it must be my ISP. Is there any kind of utility or test I can run to see what's exactly going on?

Re: Bizzare problem - BF2 and whole internet disconnects during map change...

Wait till the next patch.

Comment

It's the game, not the ISP.

If the "WHOLE" Internet Disconnects I think then we all will be looking for LAN by Postal Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
        It's the game, not the ISP.

If the "WHOLE" Internet Disconnects I think then we all will be looking for LAN by Postal Mail.
        I can send it to you on 5 1/4" floppy disk if you want.

Comment

hahaha , you know what I mean

How can BF2 cause me to loose my internet connection though? And I'm looking for a different answer than "because it's made by EA".

Comment

Indeed. I can't see any link between patch 1.3 and your Internet disconnecting.

I'll look around and see what I can dig up.

Comment

thanks

Comment

It can be your network card, try installing the latest drivers. Otherwise it's most likely your ISP...

Comment

Might want to check your router. I had a problem with mine going out randomly. Had to reset it a couple of times and it would come back to life. Id say do windows updates, try updating your drivers, then check out the router. Could be that something is getting overloaded somewhere.

Comment

Thanks guys.

During one of the longer outages I tried disconnecting my router and connecting one PC directly to the modem. That did not solve the problem so I don't think my router has a problem.

I created a ticket with my ISP so I guess I'll see what happens. But I'm not holding my breath since it will probably be very hard for them to test for intermittency problems. They'll probably do nothing and say it's all good on their end .

Comment

What connection speeds do you have?

Comment

1.5/368 Dsl

Comment

I'd bank on it being the router, modem or the nic card as well. Admittedly, the game causes a few minor issues () but complete internet loss sounds like the router reset itself. Look for software updates. See if you can't put down what hardware you have for NIC, Router and Modem and perhaps we can offer different ideas.

Simon

Comment

I had a similar problem...

My internet would randomly time out during downloads and I'd have to restart the modem several times to get reconnected. Whenever I was on Ventrilo AND Bf2 at the same time, it would time out my internet whenever I joined a server, or even logged into BF2. If it did not disconnect me from BF2...it usually disconnected me from Ventrilo.

The problem turned out to be on the ISP end. I gave them a call and soon enough they called me back and told me the 'problem had been delt with' and it has been fine ever since. Try your ISP, you never know.

Comment

I talked to my ISP few days ago and supposedly they're "looking into" my problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X