Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What they say, and what they really mean..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What they say, and what they really mean..

What they say..

"No Arty on the Carrier"

What they really mean..

"Dont Arty Admins on the Carrier..in the meantime we will arty you on
    the carrier all day.."

What they say..

"No bunny Hopping"

What they really mean..

"DONT BUNNY HOP.. Of course, I as server admin, will bunny hop as much
    as I wish when I see you coming in your tank.."

What they say..

"No tking for vehicle = instant kick/ban"

What they really mean..

No tking admins for vehicle, the rest of you are on your own..

What they say..

"No base raping"

What they really mean..

We're gonna rape the sh*t out of you and your spawn points as soon
    as the game begins..

What they say..

"New patch coming soon!"

What they really mean..

We f'ed up the game so bad with the last patch, we're gonna take our time
    with the patch-for-the-patch and actually beta test it this time.

What they say..

"No commanders in jets or armor!"

What they really mean..

"Admins are only on duty the second tuesday of every week, youre all on
    your own"

What they say..

"OWNED!!!"

What they really mean..

"I dont even own this pc Im playing on, my daddy does.. but I sure OWNED
    you!!"

What they say..

"Visit www.xyz.com for rules.."

What they really mean..

"We dont want you to see the rules, so we can make them up on the fly
    and kick you out when youre owning our admin players.."

Re: What they say, and what they really mean..

Alot of that's true on alot of servers that I've, unfortunately, played on.

Comment

Couple of these were okay.

Comment

I have found all of these to be true.... especially the last one. Who actually takes the time to back out of the program, go to the website, read all the server rules and then go back into the game? Like Linus said, they can make up rules as they go... I have not been kicked much but one time was for the very serious violation of using armor from MY OWN BASE instead of letting the admin on the other side come to steal it and use it against us...

Comment

what a joke... your kicked for using your tank that i (the admin) was about to steal from your base! obviously you (Cazzy) hacked the server to take that tank! no one spawns and takes that tank, at least not when im playing on my server anyways >=0 *from the admins point of view*

lol thats too funny... but BS... just really funny though =D

and yeah, i can't say for sure because i don't remember much let alone 2 days ago so don't even ask me anything after that, but i think all admins are a bit of jerks probably on there own severs anyways.. to them, they probably see it as there home that no one else is allowed to raped them in, and if you do, they can fix that with out being the ones looking for another server. really cheezy.

Comment

Yes it is true.... I was using the little known but very effective "hit E" hack that allowed me to enter a tank from my base and use it against the enemy. I was being so naughty! What is even more hilarious is that the all powerful admin gave me several warnings beforehand that looked something like this:

"Stop using armor or you will be kicked!"
            "This is your FINAL warning!"

What led to this was myself playing as Eng in my base in Karkand repairing commander assests and then gunning down the admin in the tank who was blowing everything up. He would spawn and run to the base, blow up some stuff, steal the tank and the run away. Silly me trying to defend! I have learned my lesson!

Comment

he was probably more mad that you learned the repair hack from with in the vehicle itself! now he cannot shoot you while your repairing the uav trailer he just blew up because you hacked the tank by pressing 'E' and drove up to the trailer and somehow hacked the server to make it repaired again!

again the admin was even mroe angry because you somehow hacked his supply of C4 that somehow magically depleted itself!

as for his get away vehicle being stolen, and then getting mowed down with the machine gun on it, that was the last straw! you asked for it hacker!

lol

Comment

lol, good 5hit, alot of it dead on too.

Comment

You know it is actually a good thing that he kicked me after all..... I was getting ready to unleash my ultimate hack on his world- anti-tank missles! I can see it now:

"WTF killed me! I was in a TANK!" Thats the last straw, you are BANNED!"

Comment

this is really funny i like 2 make fun of those admins followd by a kick :P

Comment

Originally posted by Linus
                      What they say..

"Visit www.xyz.com for rules.."

What they really mean..

"We dont want you to see the rules, so we can make them up on the fly
                      and kick you out when youre owning our admin players.."
                      So true. I hate it when they write something like that. I mean, who will take the time to check out some website before playing on that server?

Comment

Mmm.. I have to agree with some rules admin make they can rape the carrier where I'm standing on all night long if they want the points I don't care.. Do you? Who cares about those points a lot actually why are you playing on ranked servers then? Why not on unranked there are some good unranked servers like the n1ce.it server I sometimes play on it's unranked and it's only infantry.. Good server imo way better players than those pubnubs.. (Sorry my bad )

If I get sick of some servers just like yesterday on the TV2 Wake 64 Slot server where 32 People are standing on the carrier and baseraping is allowed.. Well I'd have to say sorry I'm leaving that server forever..

Good post though Linus a lot of that is trough and happens often even on our server..

~ Komet

Comment

Being a server admin is not such a easy job as it might seem to be.
                          It is kind of hard to keep track of all the fools on a 64 players server without hindering the gameplay of all the others. You just can not be everywhere at the same time and without some players joinging ts to tell us whats going on we will miss some of the bad guys.
                          But I know from the servers I have been playing on that there are some realy stupid admins out there. The best thing you can do is joining the clans TS-server and soon you will know how they act.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelWolf
                            Alot of that's true on alot of servers that I've, unfortunately, played on.
                            That's the sad problem nowadays - most admins are like that. :/

Nevermind, though

Comment

"No Arty on the Carrier"

What they really mean..

"Dont Arty Admins on the Carrier..in the meantime we will arty you on
                              the carrier all day.."

I think it's unfair to tar all admins with the same brush. Our clan server rules mean what they say, and are for everyones benefit. We operate a 2 warning-then-kick policy. What is the point in having rules if you can't enforce them?!

Comment

Working...
                              X