Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is is just me or.....(post 1.3 bull****)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is is just me or.....(post 1.3 bull****)

Hey guys I was curious to know if I was th eonly one experiencing RIDICULOUS fps drop in intense battles. For example:

On wake island if the PLA have the USMC cornered in a base and everyone is going at it firing and shooting with arty going on my fps will drop below 10 and it is unplayable. This only happens when the arty is going on. :laugh:

I have onboard sound but Ive put my sound settings to LOW. My specs are in my sig and my settings are high except for dynamic light/shading and light. The game is playable and smooth when there is no arty but when it comes its just like below 10 fps... :cry: My pc cries when this happens, any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Is is just me or.....(post 1.3 bull****)

Originally posted by bloodbrood
    Hey guys I was curious to know if I was th eonly one experiencing RIDICULOUS fps drop in intense battles. For example:

On wake island if the PLA have the USMC cornered in a base and everyone is going at it firing and shooting with arty going on my fps will drop below 10 and it is unplayable. This only happens when the arty is going on. :laugh:

I have onboard sound but Ive put my sound settings to LOW. My specs are in my sig and my settings are high except for dynamic light/shading and light. The game is playable and smooth when there is no arty but when it comes its just like below 10 fps... :cry: My pc cries when this happens, any suggestions?

Thanks
    you shouldn't be playing at high anyways with that.

and as far as the arty, turn down "effects" I think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst

What can a 6800GT run on then? Medium effects,dynamic light/shadow, and lighting? then the rest on high with 2x aa?

Comment

not likely at any decent resolution.

Comment

pfft thats BS a 6800GT256 PCI-E system like youve got should breeze bf2 no problems on high.

I have a 6800GS256 AGP i dont have to run everything on medium but i do ( i only have 1gig of ram and a 2.6 p4), plus when you knock the resolution upto 1280x1024 theres very little need for anti-aliasing either, stil looks awesome.

Just to add .. yeh ive seen some massive framerate drops in the latest patch.

Comment

I think it is the Pentium thats killing you. My friend has the EXACT same rig and he doesnt play it so good. He loads really fast, but I think he has it Effects and Geometry on High, with everything else on medium and Lighting on low/medium cant remember with 1280 by 1024. Oh and no AA.

Comment

Never touched it to be honest :/ everything works just fine.

Comment

moved to support

Comment

Will buying a sound card instead of my onboard sound improve this in any way, like free up my CPU? Im running sound on low right now. If I buy a XFI XM will the fps improve?

Comment

X-FI's generally help quite a bit over onboard. I have a 6800GS 256 overclocked to 6800 ultra speeds. I run everything on high except textures cuz i only have 1GB of ram, and 2xAA and 4xAF @ 1280x1024 and never go below 30fps. I also have an X-Fi but it didn't help much over my audigy 1 that died.

Comment

Originally posted by KevLeviathan
                      X-FI's generally help quite a bit over onboard. I have a 6800GS 256 overclocked to 6800 ultra speeds. I run everything on high except textures cuz i only have 1GB of ram, and 2xAA and 4xAF @ 1280x1024 and never go below 30fps. I also have an X-Fi but it didn't help much over my audigy 1 that died.
                      Thats impressive but can you tell me what you get...for example on a 64 man server in strike at karkand right when the round starts and everyone is throwing nades? because mine dips below 30fps for that.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst

Your a *******, I used to run a 6600GT on high /w 4x AA at 1024x267 or whatever that one is, with no lag. Mind you I had 3 gigs of ram at the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X