Clean look, Changes Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean look, Changes Needed

SO IT HAS BEEN a few months since I last played BF2, yet it only too me less then an hour to get annoyed with some aspects of the game.

1. The main screen is far too clunky with moving images, colorful graphics making it too overwhelming and causes a sluggish when moving from screen to screen; also when loading from in game to the mainstream. Ok now I have been playing allot of CSS lately, one thing I truly love the mainstream. There are no opening credits ESRB intro video…all the useless crap that no one wants to view every time they want to play a quick round; CSS has a simple, small, clean screen, everything loads fast, allowing you to get to the point...gaming.

Noone needs a , play it now mode, also the EA note is annoying.

2. Server listing is so slow, laggy and doesn’t always want to work. The list has unneeded images and graphics. Again I refer to CSS, there server listing is clean with no images, the filters work with really no issues, maps load fast and the information is true.
    Another thing I like is, if you need that map, or that game type, you just download it from that server. No need to go find a site, download install and load a separate game, its all in one.

3. Ok now for the true controversial part, since I play CSS I am used to killing someone with one shot to the head or maybe 4 rounds to the body, depending on the armor he has purchased. Now I am not talking about the movement or speed, just the amount of health a player gets.
    I would so like to see headshots in BF2. Because in real life a shot to the head would kill...it ****es me off when I shoot a fatal blow and the guy still stands only to turn and kill me.

4. Lag only with BF2 do I get lag, all my settings are on LOW or med, my ping is 70, and my fps are high, yet I still get choppy game play.

I am running on a dell inspiron 9300 2 GHz CPU, 1 GB ram, 6800go 256mb.

So what I would really like from the BF2 gods is a cleaner look, and a more realistic health system, and fix this lag issue.

Ok now I ask, please dont turn this into a hate thread, I want to hear what others would like fixed or changed about the game, thx.

Re: Clean look, Changes Needed

Then why are you posting a whole thread? Why not just STFU and go play CS and sell BF2?

Comment

No I won't turn this into a hate thread actually you just told the truth and maybe tips for Dice to improve on games.. I don't want a fully customizable menu with flying images trough the screen.. Just like with CS 1.6 It's a very simple menu but loading times are (At least I have..) faster than Battlefield 2.. One of the most annoying things in BF2 which aren't bugs/glitches/errors I find you can not change your name.. Slow server browser..

I think I'm going to buy CS:S In a week or so I'll see =)

~ Komet

Comment

Also I would like to add, steam is one of the best pices of gameing software (2nd to Xfire)I have ever used, Its perfect design makes it easy to use, easy to download extracontent, chat with friends, look for servers, all before you even load a game. Its clean, Fast, easy to use.

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
        Then why are you posting a whole thread? Why not just STFU and go play CS and sell BF2?
        Because I love this game, and would like to see it become the jewel of FPS gameing!

Comment

..............Im sick of CS threads, theres so many I could build the wall again.............

Comment

I cant stand the unrealisticness of CSS, you can be running as fast as you can and manage a headshot on the fly without having to stop. Its alot prettier I think and the addition of the HDR lighting makes it look ultra good. But still I hate the gameplay and I always will, cant stand AA because of just how crappy the way you have to play it or else you die. BF2 has at least some realism in terms of ability to land a shot when your crouched or prone, and besides the guns are better looking in this game!

Comment

Do you realize how much time do you spend on waiting to get in the game?first its intro and logo(1min).Secon its choosing servers(patch1,3 brings servers with ping above 100(which is awfull)) than you must wait a lot o time i mean loading time and and if you click on join game(or ESC) you can do this all again. This is the most annoying.
              Bugs like red tags arenˇt so bad,after year of playing you know how look opponnet and friend.
              Another thing i hate is puff effect.You knife som1 and puff he is dead you think,but he is alive and he continues killing you.You shot some1 into the head with weapon dmg above 33 and he is alive.
              Dolphin is annoying too

Comment

Server browser has been a piece of **** since the day BF2 came out and really hasn't improved much at all even though it's been out for over a year.

Don't get your hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelWolf
                  I cant stand the unrealisticness of CSS, you can be running as fast as you can and manage a headshot on the fly without having to stop. Its alot prettier I think and the addition of the HDR lighting makes it look ultra good. But still I hate the gameplay and I always will, cant stand AA because of just how crappy the way you have to play it or else you die. BF2 has at least some realism in terms of ability to land a shot when your crouched or prone, and besides the guns are better looking in this game!
                  Sir you are beside my point, I was not talking about CSS in gameplay, i was talking about the main screen and server listings.

Ok I am adding a new issue I really HATE!!

Ok so when changing buttons to my liking i ran into this issue...

I wanted to make my crouch button the "left shift"...images tell it all.

here is the chopper screan, as you can tell I removed all the keys...

I hate having to search for the button just to cuztomize my buttons. GRRRRRRRRRRR I Feel like killing something!!

Comment

BF2 is not a CSS (thank god) and it never be close to it. And your lag is caused by your computer. No wonder you cant have smooth gameplay. But that thing i heard first time that you lag in main menu :O

Comment

Originally posted by Mrt1989
                      BF2 is not a CSS (thank god) and it never be close to it. And your lag is caused by your computer. No wonder you cant have smooth gameplay. But that thing i heard first time that you lag in main menu :O
                      Sir you are misreading what I am saying! I am not talking about the GAMEPLAY in CSS just the mainscrean and serverlisting structure! I dont want BF2 to be like CSS, I never said I did in this thread so stop stating I am saying so!

:|:

Comment

My reply:

1. Why bother changing any of this, when the game still has bugs to be fixed.

In my opinion, the menu slowness is so minimal in inconsequential, that it would be worthless to even change.

2. The server listing ability of Battlefield, even 1942 to a degree, has always been pants - way to go Gamespy I guess!

3. Battlefield has never, ever, been one for realism. Whenever I look back at 1942, I think 'arcade shooter.. with vehicles'.

Although I do agree a one-shot-kill headshot would be nice at times, it doesn't really fit within the 'model' of Battlefield.

4. Not sure about this one, I have never had any performance issues with the game, even when I was on 1 gig of RAM, but I'm guessing it's your system buddy, else you would see multitudes with the same fault.

In closing, I wouldn't like a cleaner looking menu system - I play for the game, not the menus.

I would love to see the current server browser removed and replaced with something faster and more reliable.

I wouldn't wish any adjustment to the 'realism' of the game, that's what mods are for, and besides, you always have CSS to go to (and I have AA).

And finally, good luck sorting your problem.

Scort.

Comment

About the keyboard keys, have the defult and go old school. I had to learn them when I started playing BF2. I usto set up the arrow keys, but BF2 had many more keys to use unlike SWAT3.

Comment

Ya I cant do defalt, I play CSS GRAW OGR, and RVS I have them all setup around the same style.

Comment

So, thanks for telling everyone what we all know. So what? CS has better loading screens. I guess thats enough to play that over BF2 your right.

Comment

Working...
                              X