Why helping people pays off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why helping people pays off.

I just spent one round on daqing learning why helping people pays o**.
    I had a guy *ly the attack chopper out to me, and asks me then to *ly it. we squad up. He admits he's new to gunning, so I spend the round letting him shoot o** probes, playing it extra slow, I explain how to adjust the missle, I make slower passes then normal, letting him work up the aim with both gunner weapons.

A*ter a while, he starts landing more TVs then missing, and some tricky shots too. roughing stu** up with the chain gun. He went *rom noob to hack in one round, just because I let him take it slowly, and adjusted our tactics a*ter I saw what he could do with each pass.

So please give even low ranks, or people that admit to being NEW to certain aspects o* this game a CHANCE, some might suck, but as i've learnt with a little direction you can change that.

Re: Why helping people pays o**.

wow I havn't head a story like that in a while. woot woot doing a good thing for a new player. I think if a "sithdemon" can do it, we all can.

Comment

Why did you put a star on the letter f?

Comment

everyone is super skilled. I mean skilled at a game? come on.......

its mostly time, and the desire to be good.
        But sometimes thats not fun.........thus you get alot of good time pubbers, that dont care if they get 1 or 100 points.
        Cool what you did though......nice.

Originally posted by |]S[|Sonic
        Why did you put a star on the letter f?
        Every post did this for a while.
        My guess, is someone was working on banned words and stuff and messed it up. Its fixed now.

Comment

at last someine acknologes "noobs" there was one guy who got 150 in jet and he was private

Comment

I remember when Sloi taught me how to use the TV guided missiles and how to be a gunner. The best feeling was actually teaching someone else how to do it. It's too bad I still can't fly for sh.its though... but I'm an amazing gunner haha.

Comment

Re: Why helping people pays off.

Hey the game was designed to promote teamwork and it is wonderful to see when it all comes together. And remember, everyone was a "noob" at some point right?

Comment

Originally posted by joshmaister
                at last someine acknologes "noobs" there was one guy who got 150 in jet and he was private
                His stats prob. just didn't load up when he joined the server....

Comment

your lucky that guy listened!! most of the time when i have a nub in the chopper, i tell him to use tv missiles, take out cars and aa and he just ignores me :|

Comment

The difference here is that the OP explained it and encouraged him to keep trying... of course, it definately helps that the guy on guns realized he could be taught.

Comment

Its all pretty and dandy, but my favourite lessons was something like this.

"Do you know how to gun?"
                      "Yeah..."
                      "You dont need any pointers, youre ready to go?"
                      "Yeah, can I fly now?!"

I say no, we go to fly...

cannon rounds fly against the first APC...

I slam against my forehead and crash the chopper into the ground.

Its awesome if you have a guy who is willing to learn, and shows that hes new, he doesnt want to disappoint you, but he just would like to gun. So you teach him, and somehow progress with him. But all that gets thrown out the window when you have a ****ing moron who ... I just dont find the words to describe the feeling LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X