Problems with my X2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my X2?

Hello all, I just bought a brand spanking new PC for £700, the specs are as follows:

2 X 3.2Ghz X2 Dual Core Processor
    2Gb DDR2 Ram
    Nvidia Geforce 7900GT
    300Gb SATA Hard drive

Last night I downloaded the latest patch (1.3) for BF2 and ran it, after playing on a server for about 20 mins BF2 just disapeared and I was left looking bewildered at my desktop, I tried it again and this time after an hour it did the same thing. A mate said today that BF2 may not be compatible with the dual core processors, is this correct and if so is there anything I can do about it? If this is wrong would anyone happen to know why this is happening? I've also noticed that with other games such as Half Life 2 they play for about the same duration but then I get the old blue screen of death and the system reboots. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Jon.

Re: Problems with my X2?

its not the CPU, its BF2. if other games crash your computer could be unstable, but its not because of the X2 processer.

Comment

All I can suggest is to check that there are no driver conflicts, and that sufficent air is getting to the videocard.

Comment

you could try this. . .

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83030

Originally posted by sackynut
        its not the CPU, its BF2. if other games crash your computer could be unstable, but its not because of the X2 processer.
        Incorrect. I've already posted the link in this thread. X2 Can cause game instability and AMD released a patch without any fanfare in march. I just found it today.

Rev

Comment

i have pretty much the same setup on my Laptop

AMD 64 X2 4400
          2GB RAM
          Nvidia 256mb 7900 GTX

and i cant even start the game. I click on bf2 the small middle screen comes up the screen goes black, then it jumps and turns a different black and then right back to the desktop. 1 time i actually saw my mouse when i deleted the BF2 folder in my documents. I really dont understand this computer runs Halo, WoW, Halflife 2 w/ lost coast and CS + DoD source all fine. Doom 3 Runs amazing but i cant get anywhere with BF2.

I'll give this optimization utility a shot but it doesn't seem like a CPU issue if all the other games run fine.

any suggestions please post

Comment

Isnt there an issue with the dual core's & Bf2? I heard u have to set Bf2 to run using only 1 of the CPU's, but i dunno hhow u do that cos i dont have x2's.

Comment

I've heard that and expected to have to apply it to make my rig work, but I run BF2 on my x2 4400 without any issues, so I don't know that the fix is a global panacea.

Rev

Comment

i used to play bf2 without installing any fixes or widnows patches for sometime without facing any problems

but anyway u can check this thread and install the linked driver and optimizer

Comment

installed the x2 optimization utility

game still does the same thing, black screen wont even load

so many bugs with this game

almost not worth it

Comment

Originally posted by hicks
                    i have pretty much the same setup on my Laptop

AMD 64 X2 4400
                    2GB RAM
                    Nvidia 256mb 7900 GTX
                    AFAIK there is not laptop with such specs !!!

try to delete ur config files and laod the game

it seems that it si something with ur vedio settings

Comment

I have a X2 4800 2 gigs of ramm and a X1900XT 512MB and the game runs fine, At least 80 FPS

Comment

Amd 64x2 3800
                        2 gigs Ocz Platnium
                        Ati X850XT Agp
                        Asus A8V Deluxe mobo
                        x-fi music edition

All's happy here , downloaded the optimizer and find it helps alot . Makes the game run like it does when im using a single core . Allso downlaoed the Cpu driver and my latest VIA chipset

Comment

Working...
                        X