Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2, Steam or something else for urban maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2, Steam or something else for urban maps?

Im thinking of making a mod that will be based in real life urban/city environments. Kinda cops and robbers, but anyway I was wondering what engine would be best for me to create a multiplayer game set in an urban environment with buildings and no real greenland. Im new to modding and have no experience other than with vrml.
    Was just wondering what you suggest would be best for creating this urban mod, and easiest to use BF2, Steam or something else?

Many thanks for any advice.

Re: BF2, Steam or something else for urban maps?

I used to stuff around with the bot code in HL but was intimidated by the modding side - On the other hand I have found BF2 to be very rich in what can be done and the wealth of knowledge to assist one with there own creation is great.
    GMAX will get you going with a free 3d modeling program and there are plenty of tuts here too asist with getting used to it.
    THe BF2 editor which is another free download should help with the modding side of things along with these forums you will be off to a good start

Best of luck and hopefully welcome aboard

Comment

I recently started mapping for Cs:s. It is awesome... I made a really cool map in like 10 minutes. In bf2 it would take me about a month to finish a map.

Comment

Just done the first bf2 editor tutorial seems ok, but as i will be using buildings i suppose i need a 3d modeling rogram. You mentioned gmax, i understand its a cut down version of 3dsmax, but where can i download it is this the correct thing? -->http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax ???
        Cheers
        p.s. can you get maya or 3ds max free?
        is this any good aswell?--> http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=6902573

Comment

Check this post out - plenty of links and questions asked

Maya/3dsmax not free but that 2nd link seems to be a good one - Maya is harder to master but is the better of the 2.

Gmax will allow you to build new buildings

Comment

Working...
          X