Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to retrieve a cd key from a retail DVD??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to retrieve a cd key from a retail DVD??

right im in a bit of a predicament.
    i leant my copy for BF2 to my brother and he has lost the DVD case and manual, i still have my BF2 DVD thought (he left that in his computer and so didnt lose it).
    im just wondering if there is anyway to retrieve my cd key from the BF2 DVD.

Re: Anyway to retrieve a cd key from a retail DVD??

Originally posted by Dede
    right im in a bit of a predicament.
    i leant my copy for BF2 to my brother and he has lost the DVD case and manual, i still have my BF2 DVD thought (he left that in his computer and so didnt lose it).
    im just wondering if there is anyway to retrieve my cd key from the BF2 DVD.
    The CD-key is nowhere on the DVD.

The CD-key is in your Windows registry, but after patch 1.03 it is encrypted. You can however try and use the System Restore in Windows, to go back to where you installed BF2 1.0, and look in registry.

Might I add that since you are a first time poster, you should at least look at the sticky threads at top of forum or use the search fuction here on the forum. Start by reading the 2 post in this thread: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31215

There's also a sticky at top of forum that tells you how to retireve CD-key from Windows but won't do you any good unless you are at 1.02 or lower in BF2 version.

Comment

ahh ok
      problem is im using a new computer so it wont be on here.
      guess ill have to buy it new again

thanks anyway for your help

Comment

Search the knowledge base over at EA. If you have the original DVD, then you should be able to buy another cdkey from them cheaper than a whole new game.

Comment

Working...
        X