Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander get you badges

hey guys

Someone said i could sit on the mounted machine gun on karkand as usmc Commander and if i artyed 10 people i would get the vetran ground defense badge? is this true.

edit: and yes i have basic ground defense badge

Re: Commander get you badges

Yes, it is true.

Sitting at a TOW and artying people counts as ground defense kills as well.

Sitting in a stinger/IGLA/Tunguska/Linebacker and artying counts as AA defense kills.

If you get 40 arty kills IAR, and have 100+ hours for the kit you're playing, you'll get your expert badge too!

Comment

. Isn't this some kind of stat padding?

Comment

Not at all. Completely within the intent of the game.

Comment

sooo if i have 100 hrs for lets say Medic, im on a turret ect and is commander than i get 40 arty kills IAR i will get the expert badge

Comment

In a round.

@Krusher: but this is a way of getting badges without really earning it?

Comment

I dont think so. Artillery Kills count towards whatever you are doing at the moment.

Although I dont think repairs work as a commander. I still repair assets instead of feeding enemy spec ops the supply boxes.

And yes if you exceed the required 44 kills in SF or 40 kills BF and have the hours for Expert badges for a kit, you will be awarded those badges.

Comment

you do get repairs as a commander... just not the team points for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
                  . Isn't this some kind of stat padding?
                  Sometimes its unavoidable. Say your an anti-tank and u have yet to get your Veteren Anti-Tank Badge. No matter what, if u arty 20 ppl, u get the badge.

Comment

so it's easy to get 40-50 kills in a tank... the only badges I got while dropping arty are expert air and ground defense. 20 kills with them is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                      Sometimes its unavoidable. Say your an anti-tank and u have yet to get your Veteren Anti-Tank Badge. No matter what, if u arty 20 ppl, u get the badge.
                      But seriously, is it true? If it is, I'd just like to jump up and down and scream out my happiness .

Comment

Yeah I've gotten a few badges like that, some by surprise.

Comment

Yup thats true i got my expert ground defense badge by sitting on ground defense and dropping artillery

Comment

Hehe, get what I will be doing when I get my comp working again ..

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                              so it's easy to get 40-50 kills in a tank... the only badges I got while dropping arty are expert air and ground defense. 20 kills with them is ridiculous.
                              I got my expert anti-air badge by playing the Midnight Sun map in the Armored Fury booster pack. There were a good number of air and infantry targets.

Comment

Working...
                              X