expert explosives badge bugged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expert explosives badge bugged?

I tried for HOURS tonight to get 30. I FINALLY did...FINALLY......but nothing happened, no badge or anything...then the map ended a few minutes later.

Ugh. Is this badge bugged? The badge website thing said 30.

Re: expert explosives badge bugged?

yea i hate it when things happen like that a was trying for so long and hard to get my basic knife badge and on one round i finally got it but it never showed up that i got it. Anyway im trying to get expert explosives as well can you tell me your tips and what map to do it on and weather you use C4, landmines or claymores.

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately, because of DICE's absolutely perfect programming, not every explosive kill counts as one. Let me explain: Sometimes when placing a claymore and then dying, someone gets within range of your claymore and triggers it. It says "you[killed]whoever" That does not count as an explosives kill. Same thing with AT mines. Not sure about C4 though, don't use it much. Point is, usually you have to get more than 30 kills for it to count only because of that problem. If they do not ALL say [claymore], [AT Mine], or [C4] then you need to keep going until you get it.

Also, what explosive were you using? clays? At mines? C4? All? Combo?

Was it a ranked server?

Did you get exactly 30 kills? If it was just 30, then most likely it is because one or more of them said [killed].

If you counted more than 30 with explosives, then I do not know what might have happened...

Hope this helps....

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
        Unfortunately, because of DICE's absolutely perfect programming, not every explosive kill counts as one. Let me explain: Sometimes when placing a claymore and then dying, someone gets within range of your claymore and triggers it. It says "you[killed]whoever" That does not count as an explosives kill. Same thing with AT mines. Not sure about C4 though, don't use it much. Point is, usually you have to get more than 30 kills for it to count only because of that problem. If they do not ALL say [claymore], [AT Mine], or [C4] then you need to keep going until you get it.

Also, what explosive were you using? clays? At mines? C4? All? Combo?

Was it a ranked server?

Did you get exactly 30 kills? If it was just 30, then most likely it is because one or more of them said [killed].

If you counted more than 30 with explosives, then I do not know what might have happened...

Hope this helps....
        No i think your worng with the first thing you said about if you place a claymore down and you die it does'nt count as an explosive kill.

I remember when i was trying to get my basic explosive (5 kills in one round)
        I keeped on putting claymores down in the allyways of karkand, I put down 2 then died then I put down another 2 elsewhere and I got 4 kills then I put one by the fence and someone triggered it and I got the badge

Comment

Originally posted by =Android=
          No i think your worng with the first thing you said about if you place a claymore down and you die it does'nt count as an explosive kill.

I remember when i was trying to get my basic explosive (5 kills in one round)
          I keeped on putting claymores down in the allyways of karkand, I put down 2 then died then I put down another 2 elsewhere and I got 4 kills then I put one by the fence and someone triggered it and I got the badge
          Hmmm... was this recently? When I got my expert explosives badge, when I got 37 kills, I did not get the badge. It was not until 42 that I received it. I only used claymores, no pistols, no rifles, period. I do know that sometimes you do not get the proper credit for a certain type of kill. I figure that's the reason why.

Yes, you can still get claymore kills after you die, but there are sometimes that it just says [killed], and I think that's why you may need more than the exact number.. that's all...

Comment

yea this was after 1.3 but I see what your talking about, I put a at mine down and then died, I spawned and watched a tank run over it, It said I "killed" not I "at mine".

Comment

Originally posted by =Android=
              yea this was after 1.3 but I see what your talking about, I put a at mine down and then died, I spawned and watched a tank run over it, It said I "killed" not I "at mine".
              Exactly.

As for tips, I got my expert on Karkand using clays (yeah, cheap I know) but this was when you could spam, errr I mean place 5 at a time. My bud was support, and kept me in clays. I kept putting them at the alley points at hotel, and it took like 5 minutes. Now only having 2 at a time makes it harder. Still can be done, but it will take dedication.

Another thing you might try is having a mate with you, taking TV on Sharqi as MEC, and you being sniper, and your mate being supprt. Keep one clay at the bottom of the stairs, and one on that little wooden ramp on the patio by the flag. Stay out of the way of the chopper guns/tank rounds, nades, and as they get blown up, run out quickly and replace them. It can be done using only two at a time, another mate of mine got it that way, but it's harder.

C4 chucking is gone, so C4 is the hardest of all IMO. I tried for a week to get my basic that way, dropping C4 along roads, waiting for loaded vehicles, and could never even get basic.

At mines give you a slight better chance, but still unreachable IMO. I mine the hell out of Songhua Stalemate, since there's lots of water to hide your mines, and it's the only routes to flags. Most I've gotten was about 12 kills on a long round.

So, I think clays are your only chance. While there are people who easily bunny-hopped and C4 chucked their way to 37 kills, since they took that out, it's not going to happen by C4 or AT mine any more.

Good luck!

Comment

The best map to get this badge on is Warlord in SF. Once one flag in the palace is gone you can spam Claymores all over the place and easily get the needed kills. Just make sure that mine ff is off on the server.

Comment

I got mine on Warlord but I used mines, c4, and claymores.

My first 10 kills where with mines (2 in a tank, 3 in an AIL, 2 in another AIL, 3 in the APC). I was then killed as they invaded the TV station. I spawned in Spec Ops at the TV station just before they jcould cap it. Used c4 in the doorways for several kills. Died twice from noobtubing at which time they were in the palace.

Forgot to change equipment to sniper, so I started off in the palace with c4 in the hallway. I died and as sniper, used claymores in the palace until we ran them out. I then left for the security office. I jumped from the palace balcony and my chute did not open and died.

Spawned at the security office as engineer and placed 3 mines staggered at the entrance (staggered so that one vehilce does not blow all 3 mines up at once). I ended up having to run to the tv station as there was no vehicles. My mines at the sec office took out 2 vehicles (5 kills) giving me my expert explosives.

This round just went perfect for me, though the previous two nights trying for this badge did not work out well at all. Several times I was really close or I thought that I had it but did not get it. This night, I did not use anything other than the explosives to kill with. Thats the hard part, dedicating yourself to not using your main weapons, but you need to.

Comment

Karkand is on the best if your in the MEC side since everyone is coming for the hotel flag (even if it takes losing the game). I got mine a few days before 1.3 because I knew they were going to remove the ability to drop 5 at a time...yup cheap tactic but got the job done.

Comment

I don't have SF. I guess I'll try claymore spamming in karkand

I hate spamming

Comment

Working...
                      X