How can I solve this problem ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I solve this problem ?

Hi, I began to record some ingame footage with FRAPS but , of course, the FRAPS are way too big. So I used, as recomanded, VirtualDub to compress the FRAPS file so that's my compression settings :

Then when I try to start the compression it tells me this :

It tells me the same with all the other settings, except MPEG but it's still too big. Divx is recommanded
    How can I get it work ?

Re: How can I solve this problem ?

Ok i had some trouble too with this error. I used google to help me and it worked so here it goes.. when you click configure you can choose the profile of your video ,it gives you some profiles like high definition and stuff,dont pick any of them. Pick the one all the way at the top,i think it starts with a u..? That should help if not type that error message into google.

Comment

I think its actually cause of the restrictions of the codec, as you see on the right, divx has some restriction on resolution, maybe because of this ??

Comment

If you plan on editing it into a real movie DO NOT compress it until you render out the final edit. Transcoding just deteriorates the quality needlessly as it doesn't help filesize. Transcoding is compressing something more that once, eg. compressing to DivX then editing then rendering out to DivX again.

Also if you plan on editing keep in mind Adobe Premiere (and most likely other programs) cannot edit DivX files.

Comment

So what should I do if I would like to edit a video ?

Should I just edit directly with the FRAPS files, then save as AVI, and then compress the edited video with VirtualDub ?

btw, I would like to know if Adobe Premiere is a complicated editor. Im using Pinnacle studio now but I thinking about getting Adobe.... I learned pretty fast to use Adobe Photoshop so will I have difficulties to learn using Premiere ?

Comment

No, 2 ways :

1: use virtual dub with intel video 5, then you can use them with premier
            2: use fraps files directly into premier pro, export as avi ( DO NOT COMPRESS), and then lastly use virtual dub with some codec ( preferably xvid) to compress it

premier is easy, also sony vegas is cool

Comment

Yeah, the best thing to do is pop the fraps video directly into premiere, export uncompressed with Premiere and put that into Virtual Dub.

Premiere may look a little complicated at first but once you get used to it it's extremely easy to use, I got used to it pretty fast and I didn't even need any tutorials, if you can learn photoshop fast you should have no troubles.

Comment

Why export uncompressed? Why not render out of your NLE with compression?

Comment

Because if you have tryed like I have, you would see that the quality of premier compression is not good. That is the reason chodda had to compress again if you go back to the thread. his vid stuttered.

Comment

Gotcha. I use Vegas and have had no issues. I figured Premier would be similar.

Comment

Working...
                    X