Binding the Pitch back to wheel mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding the Pitch back to wheel mouse

I use a gamepad to fly with, its pretty good, infact its alot more stable the mouse. I can fly with both keyboard and mouse just as good. I often when flying the Vanilla helicopters.

Someone in a game one day told me to bind my scroll wheel on my mouse to the Pitch back for the helo, when I tried to do this it gave me "Duplicate Key Found In Common Controls" I looked for almost 20 minutes trying to figure out just where the hell this scroll wheel is binded in common controls, and why I couldn't do it. I found it no where to be seen.

How do I get it so I can bind the scroll wheel on the mouse to the pitch back for helo? Is there something I am missing here?

Re: Binding the Pitch back to wheel mouse

First of all, dont do it, its not worth it. What you can do is- bind some key on the mouse as pitch back, of you have more than 3 keys. If not, I suggest setting pitch back as right mouse key for helos and scroll wheel key (press down) as pitch back.

If you want to scroll the wheel, you have to do some changes in the

controls.con file, which is in your profiles folder.

Comment

dont work leave it.

Comment

ah thanks, its just an experiment thats all. I don't have problems pulling up or anything, other then the MEC helo at times, but for the most part I don't crash in dives. I just kind of thought this would make it easier, or just something to give a try.

Comment

If you are ever in a bad dive you can't pull up from, the trick isn't to pull up. The trick is, roll REALLY hard to one side as you are going down, and you will be parallel with the land. As you are parallel, try to do a 180 FORWARDS (pitch down)(so you are facing the other way from when you started diving) and then when you are facing the opposite way, unroll, and pull up.

Probably explained really really bad, but yeah.

The trick to the helicopter, and doing unbelievable things, it's all transfer of momentum. Use the momentum of a 45 degree angle roll going to the right, to do a barrel roll to the left side... etc

Yeah... way off topic.

Comment

Working...
          X