• Show
Clear All

Re: Your perfect BF2.

Blood anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Bohica
      Blood anyone?
      What good would bloof do you if you keep crashing to desktop or playing in servers that crash 5 times a day? Think of the question in terms of something that would fix or improve the current condition of the game not cosmetic changes.
      If you want to see blood play the USI mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
        What good would bloof do you if you keep crashing to desktop or playing in servers that crash 5 times a day? Think of the question in terms of something that would fix or improve the current condition of the game not cosmetic changes.
        If you want to see blood play the USI mod.
        My bad

How about a game that doesn't crash to desktop or doesn't have servers that crash 5 times a day.

Comment

Project Reality feels like perfect to me. The mod is more difficult, which scares most of the smacktards away and you really feel playing as a team and squad. Of course it's not perfect, because good playability and balance is achieved by simplifying everything. Attack choppers are mostly useles because they do not have a radar and even they can't see beyond viewdistance. Something I'd like to see in vanilla are different map bounds for each team. So that you couldn't go visit enemy mainbase and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
            They are working on version 2 for OFP from what I've heard.
            yes it will be called armed assault.it is not necessarily OFP2 but it is created by the same company,bohemia interactive.

Comment

More realistic, like so you need like 3 people for a A1 tank. Loader, gunner, driver, w/e.
              Hmm, the whole point of Battlefield 1942 when it came out was that it filled a niche between the realistic and the arcade. Who exactly would really want to play a round cooped up in a metal box loading rounds?

Jets have to land to reload and even refuel, but landing is easier.
              That would be mind-numbingly tedious. At an uncap this could perhaps work - even though it'd be a pointless drudging chore, but this is just a recipe for AT guys to camp cappable airfields. Plus, easy landings? What happened to realism?

All vehicles on your team have a radio with like 15 channels, for clans, or anyone to talk on, but the other team can't head you, BUT, on each team, on special forces, there is some sort of tool that lets you listen in on the other team to listen in on their plans.
              That's quite an interesting idea actually, particularly the Spec Ops eavesdropping on the enemy.

Include more support, medics can call a Black Hawk every so often to medivac critcaly wounded troops, and the medic gets points.
              This initially sounded like a good idea to me, but when I think about it what you're basically doing is reviving someone and dropping them off miles away from the action. Most would rather die and respawn. Again, realism over action driven fun. If I wanted realism I'd shoot myself in the face.

Comment

Maybe I should just join the Army when i'm of age. lol

You all recomend different games, but just because it has something I want don't mean it's something I would like, I said this about BF2 because BF2 is awsome, just needs some changes. It is popular and stuff too, so it got everything it needs to be a good game, besides just some small features they could add to make it better. I want to play BF2, not OFP, not BF2 mods, just BF2.

Nimbob, some good points you have there. These were just thought of off the top of my head real quick. About jets landing but easy not being realistic, yes, but thats why god invented auto pilot. idk... lol but idk, I just want to much out of games.

That 15 Radio idea I have, I really like that though. Say your in a clan, and you want to play with the other clan members, tell them to go to channel 6 for example, then they can talk in there and other people cant hear them, also you could have many people talking at once, but not all over each other. Then a Spec Op could use some kit thing, sit down hidden somewhere and listen and relay to the commander or something? Who knows but I do like this idea.

Ok, yes the black hawk idea, that was only if there were HUGE maps. Say the map is so big, if you die and respawn, you will be at a main base far far away, but if you get healed by a medic at a field hospital or something, you can return faster and it will be closer than the main base to the battle, but yes, you would need a huge huge map for this, this is more of a BF3 idea than a BF2.

Sorry not in order but the Idea about being in the vehicles with a few other people, hmm, I'm just thinking of this as I go, but, maybe every round you get asigned a position to a certain group you choose. Lets say there are Jets, Tanks, and Boats. Lets say you pick Tanks. Everytime you die or you vehicle dies, you get assigned to a different job, such as Machine Gunner, Loader, Driver, each different in giving you points. Also, yes, sitting there shooting from inside a tin can would be boring, so why not add some stuff to make it fun, not sure what, but maybe some points on speed. The faster you go, the more points you get, and if the person who shoots, gets a kill, you get points for that too. I don't know... What are your ideas, any?

Comment

Ive got mods for this stuff. anyways It is a good thing you didnt put a typo in the topic title and made "You're Perfect BF2".

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMaj.Sudano
                    Also, yes, sitting there shooting from inside a tin can would be boring, so why not add some stuff to make it fun, not sure what, but maybe some points on speed. The faster you go, the more points you get, and if the person who shoots, gets a kill, you get points for that too. I don't know... What are your ideas, any?
                    Some kind of PSP thing? GTA Liberty City Stories?

I'm not saying you're ideas are stupid or anything, I just don't really agree with most of them bar the interesting radio thing. Plus in a massive BF3 environment, Medivac could be quite handy, but as an improvement to BF2 it'd just disrupt gameplay.

As an improvement to BF2 I'd give myself a massive all destroying death raining Gau'ld Mothership. Apart from that, I enjoy BF2 as it is right now.

Comment

The ability to dive in the water, and cargo planes instead of the commander doing that, a job class will do it for you that would be better for me.

Comment

Try to emulate Socom 3 more, it truely is a good game.

Comment

Working...
                        X