Keyboard or Joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard or Joystick

I have search the forum and looked for joysticks when flying a jets. I have been using the keyboard and gain some kills some of which may be luck others skill. But, when I was up against a really good player in a jet a person who can fly great and shoot me down in seconds and do turns faster than me and the keyboard, this got me thinking which is best keyboard or joystick?

I created a MP game just me and a jet using the Essex ship as the target.

Trying the joystick a mate gave me which was strange at first as it did feel like I was not going flat out but I was. I did some different movements in the jet turning sharply and tuning straight up and to the side to side. Did this test with the keyboard which was slower and hard to copy I then fired at a plane with the joystick it was hard but gain some confidence the more I tried. The keyboard I found was easier to line up a straight run and mange to shoot the plane and blow up sky high. Next was to do a bombing run at the Essex using the Joystick at first I was all over the place then mange to use the C key to see the directions the bombs dropped mostly out in the sea, until I got my aim right. Try it using the keyboard and hit the Essex but then could not turn away like the ship was opening fire at me but the joystick turn fast using different moves. Landing was harder using the keyboard although not impossible but the joystick made it a much easier to carry out this type of task.

Conclusion I came to was the using the joystick is strange if you been use to using the keyboard but just do what I have been doing creating a MP online game with 64 server no bots and just learn and see what you can and can’t do. I did find lining up very hard using the joystick but not impossible. Keyboard could not turn fast to out move a missile or another jet. Use the C key is good for bombing runs to see where you hit the ground with the bombs.

So I would say use a joystick. They are many makes that you can use and I am no expert on this topic. I hope that this has helped anyone who wishes to know which the best to use.

Re: Keyboard or Joystick

Also, fine tuning the sensitivity levels on the joystick will help you to have straighter bombing runs and such. Find out what works best for you.

Comment

I have shot down joystick users with a mouse/keyboard, it's not so bad. when you engage an enemy, I find it useful to let go of the throttle and let it drop to about 600 or so, and then tap on the throttle to keep it about there. That way, you can turn easily and line up no problem

EDIT: although, It's not like I could shoot down a GOOD player, only an average or noob one.

Comment

mouse with the left/right axis rebound to yaw ftw

Comment

Working...
        X