Useless Gun (L85A1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Useless Gun (L85A1)

It's all about personal preferrance. I can use this gun effectively in certain situations and so can everyone else if they know how it works best.

Comment

First time I went in a server with it I racked up over 90 points. Then I found that the server was unranked....But I liked it. Its a headshot MACHINE. The deviation will just go straight to their head when you fire it at the torso. Quite fun IMO.

Comment

It's all a matter of opinion for me because I absolutely love this gun, I like the scope, and I like the different modes. I can be a threat to enemies at short or long range. If I'm storming a flag it's on auto, if I feel like sniping, it's on single shot. I'll admit it's not as powerful as I would like, but I feel it's well balanced and offers me a solution to a wide variety of situations no other gun would afford me.

Now, if you only want a gun for assault situations, yeah I'm sure it's not your bag. But in battle I value flexability and this gun gives it to me like none I've ever used in any other game before.

Comment

If you're on MEC and you're not gonna get into long range fights then the AK-101 is probably a better choice, it does a great amount of damage. Choosing between the M-16 and the L85 is a difficult choice because they are both great guns once you get some practice with them. The L85 has good accuracy with 3 round bursts from med range, any farther and you should be using single shot mode. If you really wanna kick some ass then I suggest you join a sniper squad as medic. You can keep your squadmates alive indefinitly and also pick up kill assists. Overall the L85 is best used when long range shots are necessary. Otherwise you might wanna stick with the defaults or use the G36E if you're gonna get into some CQB.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolfo
            in the descriton it says the british army had to remodify its accuracy standards for it,so that why america had to help during ww2:laugh:
            LOL!!! too bad it didn't exist in WW2....
            That gun is awesome. I've seen people completely own map after map with that gun. It's like any other weapon, if you know what it can do you will own. If you dont know what your doing you will become fodder.

Comment

I usualy always get a kill laying a clip into his chest, easy. :evil:
              Great gun is what I think
              The L85A1 to me is a (Thumbs up).

Comment

Damn good weapon. Use on single shot for best results.:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :dead: :dead: :dead:
                :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :dead: :dead: :dead:
                :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
                :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :nod: :nod: :nod:

Comment

Use the G36E if you have SF, otherwise the L85A1 is a good gun. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it do the same damage as an SVD or Type 88?

Comment

The only reason this gun is good is because of the 2.5x scope

it isn't "that" accurate but with a great scope you can do well

actually G36E has lower deviation than L85A1

So what?

it's after all accurate enough and it only needs 3 shots to kill an unarmored person

PS:full auto sucks ,use single shot bursts

Comment

I used to use the G36e like it was my life but after starting to use it i find it Way better and its pretty much the Only gun i use now. i consistently get gold with it now. make sure u have a button on your mouse bound to single auto. i switch back and forth depending on situation, less than 15 meters and its full auto for teh win. if u know how to use it its extremely accurate just remember the bullets land slightly higher than the top of the tip of scope. its teh only other gun besides sniper that will kill in one headshot. and outsniping snipers is cake as it fires semi auto with far less deviation than the auto snipers. and u always get those lucky headshots in full auto too due to the upwards deviation. tried going back to G36e but its not the same. only other guns i would say are on par are the Ak 101 (not always available) and the first unlock assault gun (no medic bags 0_o) btw my accuarcy has gone way up with it.

Comment

L85A1 is a great gun.

I used it a lot earlier, and got plenty of kills with it. It was accurate, had a nice scope, and had the stopping power i needed. Unfortunately, i started playing with the G36E. It requires a completely different tactic, and now i suck with the L85. I'm used to the G36E now, and cant go back to the old L85. It was my first unlock, and i played with it alot.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowControl
                          L85A1 is a great gun.

I used it a lot earlier, and got plenty of kills with it. It was accurate, had a nice scope, and had the stopping power i needed. Unfortunately, i started playing with the G36E. It requires a completely different tactic, and now i suck with the L85. I'm used to the G36E now, and cant go back to the old L85. It was my first unlock, and i played with it alot.
                          Funny, I was just about to right pretty much exactly what you just did.
                          I agree, L85 used to be my bread and butter but now when I randomly try it I get murdered. Have to relearn my old tactics, the G36E is just so different.

Comment

Originally posted by MeNoPausE
                            Funny, I was just about to right pretty much exactly what you just did.
                            I agree, L85 used to be my bread and butter but now when I randomly try it I get murdered. Have to relearn my old tactics, the G36E is just so different.
                            Hehe. I think thats how most of us feel. The L85 was the first unlock for about 50 % of the BF2 community, but after the SF expansion, i've rarely seen it in use. Think i'll go test it now, and see what i can do with it

Comment

im the opposite. i cant go back to the G36e since i started using it. the accuracy was improved in 1.2 as well so its a slightly different gun. if u rarely see it used the u havent been in a server with me. the kill screen is packed with me L85A1 you.my kd went from 0.8 to 1.22 in a very short time with it. and at 30000 kills. thats a 5 to 1 kd in 3 months. i shoulda made a new account

Comment

WELL......i use to love it, but your right full auto is s*** the scope is the best part of it. no cross hairs just the bar.it seems to me to more accurate targeting :ar15: but that mite just be me.iv moved over to the g36e,tizz so accreate & in close quarters action i find im not disappointed in a 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 situation

Comment

Working...
                                X