Useless Gun (L85A1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless Gun (L85A1)

Is it just me or is this gun very crappy. In theory it's a great gun. I always land the first shot. But using it fully auto is just a joke. I line up shot and even zoomed my crosshair never leaves his head/torso and im pulling down to account for recoil, yet nothing hits. Am I doing something wrong?

Can someone one look at my stats and tell me which gun I currently have is the best for close/midrange combat not including sniper rifles.

Re: Useless Gun (L85A1)

No this gun just sucks in terms of accuracy, but its ok for CQB.

Comment

Yeah, you only want this gun when you are trying to defend a flag close quarters and need to spray.

Comment

This weapon is a VERY good overall gun. However, for distance, you MUST use single shots or burst.

The accuracy is poor, but with practice, you can pull off some good medium to long distance shots.

Comment

i started using it for awhile and loved it. u actually use it as a sniper rifle on occasions. it does have alot of bullet spread but u have to practice with it. i actually got good with it but lately have been horrible with it.

Comment

Originally posted by GunHappyBob
            Is it just me or is this gun very crappy.
            No u were right.

Comment

it's good as a single shot gun but stand back like 30 feet and shoot at a wall and it just shots everywhere. The description describes it as very accurate.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with this gun. Its an excellent weapon. Just use single shots and aim for the head and torso when you spray in close combat.

Comment

It's not bad, i mean, it has an ok 2.5x scope, and does will on single or burst, but full auto is just TERRIBLE.

Comment

in the descriton it says the british army had to remodify its accuracy standards for it,so that why america had to help during ww2:laugh:

Comment

Yeah it's supposed to be an incredibly accurate gun in real life, but. . . . that's no standard for BF2 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BioDiaperX
                        Yeah it's supposed to be an incredibly accurate gun in real life, but. . . . that's no standard for BF2 lol.
                        Yea, in real life, it is a great gun, the L85A1 had reliability problems (worse than M16 seems a fitting description, like mags falling out during combat lol), but L85A2 fixed that.

Comment

Originally posted by IceManHG
                          There is nothing wrong with this gun. Its an excellent weapon. Just use single shots and aim for the head and torso when you spray in close combat.
                          I've really started to appreciate this gun. But like IceManHG states, stick with single-shot... and it's best at medium distance (prone with zoom). Definitely not a spray-and-pray.

Comment

Originally posted by GunHappyBob
                            Is it just me or is this gun very crappy. In theory it's a great gun. I always land the first shot. But using it fully auto is just a joke. I line up shot and even zoomed my crosshair never leaves his head/torso and im pulling down to account for recoil, yet nothing hits. Am I doing something wrong?

Can someone one look at my stats and tell me which gun I currently have is the best for close/midrange combat not including sniper rifles.
                            its got big recoil, but it recovers pretty fast, its got a greater damage than the g36e but its also lacks in range unlike the g36e. basicly when i first unlocked it, i was really looking forward to having it, then i got it, i was really desapointed. thats when the g36e was introduced with me, i was a medic ever since. i put my l8 away for good.

Comment

I have found as well that it usually hits just above the tip of the "needle" or whatever that is in the scope. It doesnt hit at the end of the iron sight like with a bunch of other guns.

Comment

Working...
                              X