Basic Knife is KILLING ME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Basic Knife is KILLING ME!

One tip that I used to get mine was to map my middle mouse button (pushin scroll wheel) to the knife (1). This let me get it out super quick if the opportunity was there for a kill.

Jump, Prone, knife....

Comment

You do not want to have ANY weapons bound to the number keys...
      So yes, this is a god tip - but it doesn't just count for the knife

Comment

I did the basic and vet at the same time when you needed to get the kills in round. As a sniper on the US side karkand, spawn on the left side, run down to through the fence and work the first spawn hallway. Don't just stand there though, hide behind the corners, move around, setup claymores to cover your back. Was really easy doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sword99
          LOL dude my g score is only 600. and a already have my expert knife. trust me expert took a few days
          plzying with ya@!

but ya i do have expert knife

it was hard
          So you like those Pistol/Knife only servers?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
            IAR = In A Round.
            So no it does not have to be a kill streak with the knife.
            Thanks.....

Well if that's the case, just keep it out of the sheath and try not to run anyone over or cause a kill by any other means and you'd probably get it in one round. Especially on a crowded city map.

BTW I got my 5th Purple Heart last night. Although only one registers. Had a freind with me and was showing him the ropes. Click on this, turn you mic up, don't shoot at tanks with an assault rifle, by the time one round was over the medal came up. The other ones I got legitimately by defending and grinding it out against superior forces. Although the first one was probably because of unfamilarity with BF2 .

Comment

@exho
              I think he said "plzying with ya" probably means he was joking.

I got vet and expert the "cheap" way - after 1.3

Comment

My suggestion is is to just play an aggressive game like you always would, but always be thinking "knife."

When i got my basic, I had a good K to D ratio for the round. The bulk of my kills came with a normal gun. I would only whip out my knife when I knew I had a good chance to get the person. If you are playing too aggressively with your knife out all the time, you are going to spend most of your time dead, which isn't going to helpy ou get the medal.

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
                  Thanks.....

Well if that's the case, just keep it out of the sheath and try not to run anyone over or cause a kill by any other means and you'd probably get it in one round. Especially on a crowded city map.

BTW I got my 5th Purple Heart last night. Although only one registers. Had a freind with me and was showing him the ropes. Click on this, turn you mic up, don't shoot at tanks with an assault rifle, by the time one round was over the medal came up. The other ones I got legitimately by defending and grinding it out against superior forces. Although the first one was probably because of unfamilarity with BF2 .

hahaha good times :laugh:

You're welcome mate

Comment

Well Purple Hearts are generally frowned upon right? :laugh:

I'm going to map my knife to my middle mouse button. After I'm done with Basic Knife I'm going to map it to another thing.

@evilzucchini, thanks I'll try that!

Comment

Originally posted by coolbho3000
                      Well, let me put it this way: If it's more than 1, definately yes... :laugh:

But hey, don't let the purple-hearts get between you and your fun.

Comment

One of the coolest parts of a multi button mouse like the Logitech M518 is you can bind your knife, gasmask and pistol (or your own favorites) for quick draw needs.

Comment

Originally posted by coolbho3000

I'm going to map my knife to my middle mouse button. After I'm done with Basic Knife I'm going to map it to another thing.

@evilzucchini, thanks I'll try that!
                          Purple Hearts are a badge of courage. It says I don't care how often I die, I'm gonna get that knife badge (or stick with this friend who plays a poor squad leader)

Comment

did you see this thread? http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109
                            Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                            i have earned my basic, veteran, and expert knife on 24/7 karkand servers.....with about 32-46 players, sized 64 map.....
                            here are some tips that ive learned on my own on the field:
                            **join a squad thats always at the front line..........you will die alot, so this will be most helpful...
                            **be medic......you may also accumulate heal and revive points, as well as giving you ability to self heal....dont throw med packs to yourself, it will blow your cover, just hold the pack out, aalso you will be able to revive your squadleader when necessary.....this class gives you alot of sprint, which is vital
                            **use everything for cover.....that means bushes, little curb-stones, corners, trees, etc.....this is invaluable, and will keep you alive long enough for your enemy to either get close enough, or turn their backs....
                            **pay close attention to your sprint meter.....dont sprint unless you are going for a kill, or running for cover
                            ** use evasive maneuvering.......when i go for a kill, and the enemy sees me, i will zig-zag like a mad man, while jumping every few steps....dont jump too much or you will be out of sprint....jump 2-3 times max...making your last jump one to your opponents side, or rear, then go prone and stab....also crouch is about as effective as prone
                            **bind your knife to an easy to reach key......i did this, now as force of habit, i instantly take out my knife whenever i spawn also it would be easier for when using the paddles/medpacks
                            thas all i can think of off the top of my head.....knifing is something i absolutely love, and have spent a couple of months using it exclusivly (aside from medpacks and shock paddles)....in fact, i have an account used primarily for knifing ( http://bf2s.com/player/67425833/ )
                            nice thread BTW

Comment

Working...
                            X