Can this be right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be right?

As far as the CTD issues, I found this quite interesting. Read the server message on the lower left.
    It basically says the clients are responsible for server crashes, depending on which patch was used. I haven't seen anything else about this, and I'm not sold on the entire idea.

Re: Can this be right?

I think servers crash on there own. Becuase of some stupid reason. Then when a player tries to join a server that has crashed, when they click "join game" they will be sent back to the desktop.

I'm pretty sure on this, as i know some servers that NEVER crash and i NEVER crash to desktop when joining them. However on some other servers, particularly those that crash frequently (from past experiences), do make me CTD.

Also, with mates aswell, we always CTD at the same time, it's never been just one of us crashing, and the other getting in the game. So i'm thinking it's a server messup.

Comment

haven't heard anything bout that, but i will say that downloading and installing the full 1.3 patch has greatly improved the stability of my game, not fully, but alot

Comment

There are some server admins that have reported seeing a pattern with crashes and their relationship to specific players joining a server. I suspect a lot of speculation is taking place but without more information from EA/DICE, I don't think we'll ever know for sure what the root cause is.

Comment

fyi, clients crash servers, this is true.

Comment

I've never seen that sort of stuff before, but personally, I wouldn't use a server that has a message is written like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali G
              fyi, clients crash servers, this is true.
              Can you provide some proof in the form of a link rather than an opinion?
              K? THX

Originally posted by Aphex_Fusion
              I've never seen that sort of stuff before, but personally, I wouldn't use a server that's message is written like that.
              That is what I was thinking too, sends a weird message to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                Can you provide some proof in the form of a link rather than an opinion?
                K? THX
                whoever said it was an opinion?

Comment

Well that is still just speculation from a clan forum no less. I mean, that is fine and all, but I would think that the server patch itself is to blame. They do not provide any kind of explanation as to how a client patch could crash a server, that is what I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                    As far as the CTD issues, I found this quite interesting. Read the server message on the lower left.
                    It basically says the clients are responsible for server crashes, depending on which patch was used. I haven't seen anything else about this, and I'm not sold on the entire idea.

If that's the case then hackers have sure have figured out how to bring down a server programmatically.

Comment

It is true we had a guy join our server a few nights ago and we confirmed he was crashing it. He joined 3 times in a row and 3 times in a row the server crashed when he joined. After the 3rd crash he didn't join and the server was fine.

EADownloader had corrupted patches, both the full and the incremental and people who downloaded the patches thorugh EAD have been crashing servers.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                        It is true we had a guy join our server a few nights ago and we confirmed he was crashing it. He joined 3 times in a row and 3 times in a row the server crashed when he joined. After the 3rd crash he didn't join and the server was fine.

EADownloader had corrupted patches, both the full and the incremental and people who downloaded the patches thorugh EAD have been crashing servers.
                        Im not doubting it, all I asked for was a link that stated this and not from some clans website that has a 12 year old "confirming it" It's kind of tough to be credible coming from the initial source as it is. How do you know that he had a particular patch downloaded from there though?

See I initially read that while looking for a populated server and I flipped out when I read it. It sounds so far fetched and incredulous that I thought I would bring it here and ask teh general population.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali G
                          It's still just specualtion and that guys opinion. Just because someone else says it doesn't make it a fact. They are not in a position to know for a fact. They are only speculating.

Comment

If you can point to a patch, and through an independent 2nd party duplicate the resulting crash, you have proof.

Now you only have a good lead to follow up on.

Comment

Working...
                            X