Strange problem since 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange problem since 1.3

Since the 1.3 patch, I have been getting an odd bug. I will be running along, not shooting my gun and I will see a soldier in the distance. I point at him to see if he is friendly or not, and he dies. Other people were shooting at him so I assume that one of them actually killed him, but I see the spam:

KangarooSalesman [killed] SomeRandomEnemy

I never actually fired a round. This has only happened a couple of times, but I was wondering if other people have seen it. I suppose this kind of thing could happen often, and no one notices, because when you are about to kill someone and someone else gets the credit...you just assumed that he/she fired and got the last shot in.

Yesterday it happened and I joked that the enemy was so terrified of me that they die even when I just look in their direction.

I have also had a similar one where I was running along with my squad, and I see the spam:

SomeRandomEnemy [killed] KangarooSalesman

But I am still alive. One of my squadmates even asked: "Kanga, what killed you?" I know it was not old spam, because the round had recently started (2-3 minutes), and I had not died yet.

This one could happen without me knowing as well, because I don't generally look to see who killed me unless I am dead.

Anyhow...I just thought I would ask.

-KS

Re: Strange problem since 1.3

hmm... Strange.. Never seen it before. did you get points for the killing?

Comment

Hard to say...I don't keep a running total of my kills in my head while playing. I usually have an idea about how far above 1:1 I am, but I don't know the exact number of kill/deaths until I am dead and I know I cannot be brought back. (That's when I check the scores .)

I should have looked at the one where I was killed to see if I was credited with a death, but I did not think about it at the time.

I am guessing that this has happens more often than people realize; they just don't notice it.

-KS

Comment

When I was able to play MP I checked scores regularly, and can say with certainty this game does not score properly. Just another in a long list of bugs.

I've seen the "false death" messages, no score given for kills and flag caps/assists, and I think I remember a death not being credited once up in the message area.

Maybe this all ties in with the netcode issues or whatever has missiles/shells/etc going through targets... or red/blue tag bug... or...

Comment

Very strange indeed. seen the random killing of me thing alright when im alive and well a few times.

lol, i can understand your rage CinC, im pretty much an anti tank only kinda guy, i've never experienced the firing of something without pressing a button, but i have fired an anti tank missile and it appeared to have left my launcher on my screen, but doesn't hit/kill anything, and my launcher never reloads and i still have full ammo, think they fixed that in this patch though cause hasn't happened in a while. and yes, my missiles STILL GO STRAIGHT THROUGH OBJECTS INSTEAD OF HITTING THEM!!! GRRRR!!!

Comment

I played a few rounds on a 24/7 Karkand server the other night, and kept noticing that now and again I was being teamkilled by my own team mates (which wasn't happening at all, not even accidentally). I don't know if any of my team mates got minus points because of the bug, hopefully not!

Has anyone else experienced this or has had points deducted for teamkilling without firing a shot?

Comment

Impurify,

I play AT almost exclusively as well (you can check my stats if you want to see some crazy hours). I was AT at the time, and I had my shotgun out. I know the AT bugs you are talking about, but I don't think this strangeness applies.

I did not have my rocket out, I did not press the fire button, and there was no animation of the gun firing or bullets hitting him. I just pointed at him, and he fell over. I did not even know he was an enemy yet.

-KS

Comment

It just says [killed] and not a name of any kind of weapon? Strange, never happened to me at least, and probably just one more of these awesome new bugs

Comment

That has been going on since 1.2 I believe. If you plant a claymore and jump in a tank, the kill report board will say:
                  you[T90]enemy
                  Happens with just about every vehicle. I think it's one of those things that is totally random. AE put it in there to mix it up...LOL!

Comment

I have seen this too...Unfortunatly It showed that I was killed and it gave me a death each time. What Crap...lol Also since 1.3 I get connection problems and loose connection with the servers sometimes once a round. Any body else had this issue or know of a fix?

Originally posted by KangarooSalesman
                    Since the 1.3 patch, I have been getting an odd bug. I will be running along, not shooting my gun and I will see a soldier in the distance. I point at him to see if he is friendly or not, and he dies. Other people were shooting at him so I assume that one of them actually killed him, but I see the spam:

I never actually fired a round. This has only happened a couple of times, but I was wondering if other people have seen it. I suppose this kind of thing could happen often, and no one notices, because when you are about to kill someone and someone else gets the credit...you just assumed that he/she fired and got the last shot in.

Yesterday it happened and I joked that the enemy was so terrified of me that they die even when I just look in their direction.

I have also had a similar one where I was running along with my squad, and I see the spam:

SomeRandomEnemy [killed] KangarooSalesman

But I am still alive. One of my squadmates even asked: "Kanga, what killed you?" I know it was not old spam, because the round had recently started (2-3 minutes), and I had not died yet.

This one could happen without me knowing as well, because I don't generally look to see who killed me unless I am dead.

Anyhow...I just thought I would ask.

-KS

Comment

Originally posted by KangarooSalesman

The first part sounds like some ghost story.......such as silent hill........

Comment

I know this: Rarely, i will be walking along minding my own business, when all the sudden, i just die! My health stats going down, but no one is shooting me or hitting me with any weapon. I wasn't standing near a burning car. It's completely random too.

Comment

Ho ho ho i've had a lot of strange problems almost every time I play BF2....ermm sorry

Comment

Working...
                          X