Anyone using a Dual Core Processor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a Dual Core Processor?

I am running an Opty 165 and have been having constant connection problems where I lose connection and basically have to reboot, which is obviously a bit of a pain. I can't remember exactly where I saw it, may well have been in here, but I tried changing the 'affinity' of my cpu when running BF2 to ensure that it only runs on one processor rather than both. I am not too sure why but this seems to have fixed my problem and BF2 is a lot more stable (well taking into consideration the features that 1.3 brought i.e. bizarre crashes ). So I just wondered if anyone else does the same or has any other workarounds to try and get more stable gameplay.

Re: Anyone using a Dual Core Processor?

Install the ms hotfix and the newest amd drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
      Install the ms hotfix and the newest amd drivers.
      Think, not sure, I tried this but I will give it another go. Thanks for the help

Comment

Hey Guys

Same prob

Where can I get the hotfix?

Comment

I have the opty 165 as well, I always set the game to use 1 cpu as when both are assigned I get choppy play even though the Fps is around 80-90.

I tried the ms hotfix, but maybe I got the wrong one because it didn't work for me.

Comment

i use a duo core as well. and i have no problems (luckely) i didnt make any changes in the form off: making the game run on one processor. i think im just a lucky soab, not expericing problems with bf2 (at least not a lot)

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_FU
              I have the opty 165 as well, I always set the game to use 1 cpu as when both are assigned I get choppy play even though the Fps is around 80-90.

I tried the ms hotfix, but maybe I got the wrong one because it didn't work for me.
              Thats because BF2 dont support DualCPU. It still uses only one.

And to Dirk001: you have Duo Core its Pentium , they dont need HOt Fix like AMD.

Comment

Guys, can you let me know where to get the hotfix????

I would be very grateful

Comment

Originally posted by jonny1leg
                  Guys, can you let me know where to get the hotfix????

I would be very grateful
                  Dude, run Microsoft Update...that is all you need to do. Hence the ms hotfix matdef suggested.

ms = Microsoft :laugh:

Comment

Yea, im glad i have an Intel now.. no hotfix needed, no making it run on one core... runs fine.. but thena again.. i do miss my AMD

Comment

@Off-Topic: the new Microsoft Update is better, it gives you updates for all your MS progs and hardware at the same time ...

Comment

I use duel core but I always turn off one core. If I leave both on I get this annoying studder while playing. Before anyone says anything; I've done the MS hotfix and it still does it through two different computer builds. Bottom line; BF2 is not programmed to take advantage of duel core.

Comment

Originally posted by scott111
                          I use duel core but I always turn off one core. If I leave both on I get this annoying studder while playing. Before anyone says anything; I've done the MS hotfix and it still does it through two different computer builds. Bottom line; BF2 is not programmed to take advantage of duel core.
                          Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by scott111
                            Is that right? I was going to upgrade to Dual Core but now you've told me that i'll probably not bother.
                            Is all the software at the moment unable to utilise the Dual Core? Or is it just BF2?

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Tex
                              Is that right? I was going to upgrade to Dual Core but now you've told me that i'll probably not bother.
                              Is all the software at the moment unable to utilise the Dual Core? Or is it just BF2?
                              No its not right, I don't know what scott111 has done but I have no problems at all with duel core, there are a couple of games that have to be played on one core but BF2 works perfectly well with both cores selected.

edit: you should also note, that even though you may have to have a program use only one core, your operating system and other programs are using both cores so your still getting the most from your CPU

Comment

Working...
                              X