5 crashes in 12mins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 crashes in 12mins

So.. DICE and EA are paid to know what they know about gaming, eh? I can't for the life of me understand why..

Allow me to give you a scenario that just happened this morning to me...

I booted up BF2 and attempted to join a server, it did it's loading things and the moment that the "join server" button appeared in the bottom right of the screen, it crashed to desktop. Ok, i think, bad server. So i try another.

And another.

And another.

All four different ranked servers did the same thing (2x Internode 1x Gamearena and 1x Gamespace). It can't be the servers (as the chances of them ALL having hardware probs i would guess is nil.) my PC kicks ass in it's spec, so it's not me either...

So, relentless, i try another server... WOOHOO! i get online and get the WORST lag you can imagine.. think of trying to play BF2 using a slideshow system.. for a full 4mins i have this wonderous display of "online gaming" and then the screen freezes. no desktop. no kick from the server. just freeze.

So i have to (with gritted teeth) forcably turn off my PC and re-boot. and now the account server says i'm still logged in. Great. Wonderful.

So, Mr Dice and Mrs EA, my question is this:

How can you write such an amazing program as the Battlefield series only to COMPLETELY and UTTERLY ruin it with one patch. Sure, the other patches had "issues" like the red/blue nametag bug (which is STILL EVIDENT after god-knows how many patches) but now, you manage to stop me playing the game entirely..

I must say, you have done a fantastic job of it though. There is no way on earth I will be purchasing another EA and/or DICE product again and I don't think that I'm alone in this matter either.

Put it this way, if i performed in my place of work in this manner, I would be fired in under a week. How do you manage to tell your employers that you are still worthy of employment?? I think I would like to know the trick so I could get away with doing nothing and still getting paid!!

Regards,
    One VERY unhappy customer who is contemplating snapping the BF2 disk in half so he doesn't get this stressed out again..

Re: 5 crashes in 12mins

Yeah im getting the same crashing crap.... Im playing special forces until the new patch.

Comment

For me the servers me and my clan play in crash about 5:30 pm est.

Comment

Just a thought, have you tried updating pb? I thought it updated itself, and having read a thread about crashes, I went to pb and found that mine indeed had not been updated. I manually updated it and it hasn't crash in awhile. Hope this helps.

Comment

Good suggestion Ant.
          -Update Punkbuster
          -Make sure you updated the game with the full patch
          -Check and make sure your computer isn't overheating
          -Server updates themselves might be the culprits, more so than the client patches..

Comment

Iv gotten about 5CTD's so far today also "

Comment

Working...
            X