Dogfighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogfighting

since ive been messing arround in jet lately, ive also been killed in jet lately. when ever i see an enemy plane, i quicktly get behind it, switch to air to air mode. the plane dead ahead, release decoy(flares) quickly turn left right or up. i follow him. but its turn is so sharp that it gets outa my screen and i lose him. but when enemy jets get to my a s s , i do the same. release, flares hard break left, and keep on turning, but the missle lock tone doesnt stop and the enemyjet is behind my ass having me in his screen the whole time. then i get shoot down. im usually in a jsf35 and ive been shot down like that even by su34s,and very often. what should i do? tips tricks and tutorials would help alot. plz dont hesitate pointing out wat im doing wrong.thx

Re: Dogfighting

The F-35 is notorious for having a bad pitch rate (it can't pull up as hard as the other planes), so your tactics won't work when you're flying one--but they will work in most other planes. So, keep doing what you're doing, and keep reading forums or a jet how-to guide to learn more tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by gunitsoldier127
      since ive been messing arround in jet lately, ive also been killed in jet lately. when ever i see an enemy plane, i quicktly get behind it, switch to air to air mode. the plane dead ahead, release decoy(flares) quickly turn left right or up. i follow him. but its turn is so sharp that it gets outa my screen and i lose him. but when enemy jets get to my a s s , i do the same. release, flares hard break left, and keep on turning, but the missle lock tone doesnt stop and the enemyjet is behind my ass having me in his screen the whole time. then i get shoot down. im usually in a jsf35 and ive been shot down like that even by su34s,and very often. what should i do? tips tricks and tutorials would help alot. plz dont hesitate pointing out wat im doing wrong.thx
      Good tip, get a lock on him, wait for the flares and evasive manuvers, then switch to bomb mode, don't fire bullets, make him think he is flying safe, then get real close to him, and then switch to the missiles and pop him. Also, a tip, on stuff like Dalian plant, if you are in a F-35, you have no chance against a J-10 in a dogfight if he's on your tail, so try not to get in one, fly over the end of the airbase (the end that there is not a hanger), as people fly nice and fast from that point to the hangar end to resupply and repair, get on their six, and they're gone.

Comment

Originally posted by gunitsoldier127
        JSF us actually one of the worst in turns. Your best bet is to perform quick, successive evasion maneuvers backed up with afterburners. Dont just use AB in TURNS, but do it in rolls aswell, as it becomes extremely agile. Theres not one OPFOR fighter that can do the same. But while youre doing this, remember to try to find a way to slow down and let them pass you. Its just one of the tricks.

Main advice is, do not get caught in a circle war in a JFS vs another fighter, or youre screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
          JSF us actually one of the worst in turns. Your best bet is to perform quick, successive evasion maneuvers backed up with afterburners. Dont just use AB in TURNS, but do it in rolls aswell, as it becomes extremely agile. Theres not one OPFOR fighter that can do the same. But while youre doing this, remember to try to find a way to slow down and let them pass you. Its just one of the tricks.

Main advice is, do not get caught in a circle war in a JFS vs another fighter, or youre screwed.
          wats AB in turns? and and when i roll, i can dodge some iglas and stingers but i cant dodge sidewinders.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield

When you say rolls, do you mean aleiron rolls (simply putting the joystick to the side), or barrel rolls, i personally find barrel rolls great if a missile is on you, another thinng i havn't tried is if they are tight on your tail, and our going pretty fast (at least full military thrust), try doing a barrel roll (push the stick to one of the lower corners) and turn off your thrust at the beginning, theoretically, the plane should go past you, leaving you on their six, and lastly, NEVER TRY THE TOP GUN MOVE, first off, pitching up and hitting on non-existing brakes (the JSF doesn't have brakes lol) is a easy way to get killed, unless they are really close on you, it's not gonna work, i would rather do the barrel roll thing in that situation.

Comment

AB (afterburner turns), simple turns (roll to the side and pull back the stick) with afterburners engaged. LOL, dodge IGLAS and STINGERS? You have to dodge/ evade the lock, not the missile. Unless youre in one of those infamous jets, you cant "dodge" missiles. But you can rely on anomalies some jets provide you with.

Eddy- a roll is a 30% part of a turn, more or less. So if you have an edge in that motion, you better use it. Note that I dont mean

"USE AFTERBURNER AND LET THAT BITCH SPING LIKE A MOFO!"

No, I mean, engage the afterburner each time you do a ROLL motion, not only with PITCH motion. JFS has amazingly fast reaction to the controls and its roll speed is great, especially with AB. So basically, if you start a series of maneuvers, other planes can stay with you only if they have some distance. Which ultimately is your goal to reduce. After which you can start slowing down in your maneuvers and let them pass.

As for the Maverick move, what I do is- pull up, slow down and barrel roll down again, when they are close. That sets many off balance and they may run past me.

Comment

my tatics for dogfighting is following the plane in bomb mode so I don't get a tone then when he goes in for a bombing run and is straight switch to the sidewinders and blow his arse up. Evading missle lock is easy either use the terrain and hope he crashes i.e when I barrow roll over the tip of the hill he might hit it also missles tend to hit the terrain. Or get verticle and put on the air brake let him pass ya. Worked on this guy Taure1981 I think something that he wasn't pleased said I was cheating, How?

Comment

Do you use a joystick?

Comment

Switch cam-views often, it's your best defense IMO, especially when that guy gets out-of-your-screen, switch cam views to maybe, fly-by or rear, then you can see him, read his movements, counter accordingly. One move that most pilots(in my experience, even i do it) like to do is the Split-S or a Loop-de-Loop, Split-S requires some altitude, maybe about 180+ in some maps. You could also try to be patient when you're on the enemy's 6, use Bomb mode, wait till you think it's time to attack, then do it, what I do is I'll MG his ass till he's smoking white, he panics, I turn air-to-air mode, he panics more, does real crazy stunts, chances are he crashes into the sea :P

Save up on your afterburner too, it helps you in hairy situations. I don't know why but I feel that the F-35B is the worst jet in the game, I prefer the F-18 or MiG or the overpowered J-10

Comment

Sound works too, I have learned to use sound of the enemy engine then to be switching between camera view. I have the X-Fi so I can tell where is the jet heading with out me even seeing it turn.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteFang
                        Switch cam-views often, it's your best defense IMO, especially when that guy gets out-of-your-screen, switch cam views to maybe, fly-by or rear, then you can see him, read his movements, counter accordingly. One move that most pilots(in my experience, even i do it) like to do is the Split-S or a Loop-de-Loop, Split-S requires some altitude, maybe about 180+ in some maps. You could also try to be patient when you're on the enemy's 6, use Bomb mode, wait till you think it's time to attack, then do it, what I do is I'll MG his ass till he's smoking white, he panics, I turn air-to-air mode, he panics more, does real crazy stunts, chances are he crashes into the sea :P

Save up on your afterburner too, it helps you in hairy situations. I don't know why but I feel that the F-35B is the worst jet in the game, I prefer the F-18 or MiG or the overpowered J-10

Having a quick switch to rear view is the best, I'm not the best flier but I could fly with rear view on and each time a missle got close to the rear of the jet, jink hard with burners and the missle would go straight past, I was lucky with that one, was in rear few for 60 seconds, hadn't a clue where I was going lol

Comment

Originally posted by Absurdus
                          Having a quick switch to rear view is the best, I'm not the best flier but I could fly with rear view on and each time a missle got close to the rear of the jet, jink hard with burners and the missle would go straight past, I was lucky with that one, was in rear few for 60 seconds, hadn't a clue where I was going lol
                          Pretty dangerous there lol, although you got your 6 covered, you 12 isn't :laugh:

I'm using pure keyboard for jets and kb + mouse for helis.

Sound works too, I have learned to use sound of the enemy engine then to be switching between camera view. I have the X-Fi so I can tell where is the jet heading with out me even seeing it turn.
                          Wow, good sound system you must have there, I can't even hear a jet that rocketed past me, my engine sound is wayy too loud, I'm only using an onboard soundcard

Comment

get a new plane because the only thing the f35 is good for is nothing but hovering which means nowt wen uve got a j10 on ya ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodHound
                              get a new plane because the only thing the f35 is good for is nothing but hovering which means nowt wen uve got a j10 on ya ass.
                              When you're in the F-35B..."Your plane is a missile" :evil: banzai!

Comment

Working...
                              X