connection problem while playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connection problem while playing

ok i played bf2 for about a month befor the new patch it it worked fine nothign wrong but ever since the new patch ill join a game after a few crashes or so and
    then ill be playing and out of now where i jolt and it says connection problem but my ping will stay the same ever so often my ping will jump but i dont understand whats happening please someone tell me and help me if you can. my specs. arnt the best but here they are pentium 4 3.2 1 2x512 ddr2 400mhz, nvidia 6800

Re: connection problem while playing

dude,

same thing happens to me. I refuse to play until the new patch comes out. it plays fine for a while, then game stalls, ping stays (20 or 30), about 5-6 seconds later it might start responding again and i can play fine for until it happens again, but sometimes i just get booted off the server and my mates are still playing without any problems, its defo not my broadband thats the problem. and you can see my spec below. i've no answer for it other than anoter EA F@#k up :-(

Comment

I have had the same issues. Couple to things to try which may work - defrag your disk and try reinsalling the patch again but dont get it from the EA downloader. I also found EA email support will give you some decent ideas to try which may work.

Comment

do you have those ideas beaky65? I am having the same issues with my bf2. I have emailed EA support with no responses.

Thanks!

Comment

Here is the whole email i got from EA - give it a try. My issue ended up being my router but it is related to the 1.3 patch as it worked before.

Thanks for writing us at EA Technical Support. Sorry for the inconvenience, I fully understand that you are frustrated with this issue. Please be assured that I will look into this matter for you. I understand that you are still encountering a connection issue with the game. Please try the steps below that might solve this issue. I know this is frustrating, I fully understand your situation, I ask for your patience as we further troubleshoot the issue, please be assured that we are doing our best to help you. I would like to ask some qustion that could clarify the issue; what type of connection do you have? Did it work before?

There is a tool we use with one of our other online games (Ultima Online) called UOTrace, which allows you to test your connection quite easily. We recommend using this utility to help resolve connection issues.

1. First, download the UOTrace program (ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/origin/patches/uo/uotrace.exe).
          2. After installing it, open the program and if a pop up box appears telling you UO Server List not found just click “No”.
          3. Click the Options menu at the top of the window, and select Advanced.
          4. Next, in the rectangular window where the server is listed, type in the IP addresses (easo.ea.com) to check the connection to the server.
          5. Now, just click the button labeled Trace route, which is the fourth button to the right of the IP address window.
          6. After the trace route has completed, click the Poll button, which is two buttons to the right of the trace route button. This tells your computer to send data packets to the host server.
          7. Let it send around 100 or so packets then select Stop Poll.
          8. From here, just click Edit then Copy.
          9. Open a blank text file, such as Microsoft's Notepad, and select Edit then Paste from the toolbar. The IP address should still be easo.ea.com
          10. Look at the results in the text file. If there are any places where the connection shows a ping time of over 300ms, there's a good chance that this is preventing you from connecting.
          11. Contact your ISP and see if there's anything that can be done on their end, or try another ISP in the interim, if possible. If you're playing another player via direct connection or IP-IP, put in the other player's IP address if you know it, and you can test the connection between the two machines. Bear in mind that most players won't give out their IP address.
          12. If you're getting 100% packet loss on the first hop, you'll need to turn off your firewall and try again. Please be sure that when connecting to the EASO service, that you either turn off your firewall or open the proper ports needed to play online.
          13. Check the ports listed in the Install Guide. If you are having continual problems, or if it appears that the server is down, please feel free to use the "Ask a Question" page to submit a query to our Technical Support staff.

First please try to delete the save files:

1. Open "My Documents".
          2. Right-click on the "Battlefield 2" folder and choose "Delete".

Also please try to reinstall the latest patch for the game and empty your temp folder.
          Note: Please make sure that you install the full patch 1.3
          ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patc...F2_Full_13.exe

Remnants of an installation or patch are stored by Windows as temporary files, which can prevent the re-installation or starting of that program. These temporary files are normally created to temporarily store information in order to free memory for other purposes, or to act as a safety net to prevent data loss when a program performs certain functions. These temporary files however can trick the games installation program into thinking that the game is already installed, or that a patch is installed when the patch has not been applied properly. Because this can cause complication, it becomes necessary to delete these useless remnants to give your system a clean state prior to launching or installing a piece of software.

First please ensure that there are no other programs are running that may cause conflict with the game.
          Make sure that you have closed any programs or tasks running in the background as sometimes one of the programs can conflict with the game. Background applications such as anti-virus programs are often the cause of conflicts.

· Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time
          · Click the "Processes" tab.
          · Click on the gray bar in the middle column that says User Name to sort by user name.
          · Do NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE.
          · Click on anything besides EXPLORER and TASKMGR for this User Name or other user names.
          · Click on END PROCESS
          · Repeat these steps until only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe are open for this user profile.

Don't worry that you are permanently changing your system configuration; these applications will return when you restart your system.
          If you receive a warning for any of these, don't worry it is a standard warning message and is expected. Please click "yes" and continue.

You will need to delete the standard Windows temporary files:

1. Click on the "Start" button.
          2. Click "Run".
          3. Type "temp" into the available text field and click "OK".
          4. Click on one of the files in the folder that just opened, and press "Ctrl" and "A" to select all of the files in this folder.
          5. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. When prompted if you are sure, choose "Yes" to all.

Next you will need to delete your specific logins temporary files:

1. Click on the "Start" button.
          2. Click "Run".
          3. Type "C:\Documents and Settings\<Insert login name here>\Local Settings\Temp" in the available text field and click "OK".

Note: Be sure to specify your Windows login without the greater than/less than symbols, in the bolded area above.

4. Click on one of the files in the folder that just opened, and press "Ctrl" and "A" to select all of the files in this folder.
          5. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. When prompted if you are sure, choose "Yes" to all.

If the issue still persists please try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If you only have Battlefield 2 installed, please click here:

If you also have Special Forces installed, click here:

Battlefield 2 and Expansions is now completely removed from your system.

Then please try to reinstall the game on the following order:
          Battlefield 2 (Main Game)
          1.3 full patch
          Battlefield 2 Special Forces (if applicable)
          1.3 full patch
          Battlefield 2 Euro Force (if applicable)
          1.3 full patch
          Battlefield 2 Armoured Fury (if applicable)
          1.3 full patch (to ensure that there are no conflict between the Armoured Fury and the previous patch)
          Note: Please make sure that you install the full patch 1.3
          ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patc...F2_Full_13.exe

Try to run the game and check if the issue still persists

I hope this helps and that you will continue to enjoy the game. If you have any other questions feel free to reply to this e-mail, and I will be very glad to help you out to the best of my ability.

Should you require further assistance with this game or other Electronic Arts games in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase at (http://support.ea.com).

Thank you,

Comment

what was wrong with your router?

Comment

theres nothing wrong with his router it happens to almost everybody including me...theres something wrong with 1.3 so they better fix it.

Comment

did u forward all the ports?

Comment

well what ea recommened doing fixed my problem ive been playing for house no problem at all it actaully runs smoother now

Comment

Thanks for the EA tips. I cant wait to try them tonight. Last night I got about 15 MInutes of play time in, and 3 Hours of reinstall and patch time in. Letcha know how it works.

Thanks again, dj.

Comment

As far as I know there was nothing wrong with my router -works fine with other online games and it did work when I first got it and then randomly has a problem after patch 1.3. When I say random I mean random as everything worked fine for a week or so and then randomly stopped! Madness!

Do you know how to check the ports have been forwarded on a Linysys router? I must admit I never checked that becuase it is all so random.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X