Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2 editor

Hello,

I just downloaded bf2 editor and I can't seem to open any levels. I select bf2,etc and go to level editor and click a level but it says error, init.con MISSING! or something like that, wondering what I am doing wrong as I wanna edit maps. Thanks.

Re: Bf2 editor

Originally posted by type51
    Hello,

I just downloaded bf2 editor and I can't seem to open any levels. I select bf2,etc and go to level editor and click a level but it says error, init.con MISSING! or something like that, wondering what I am doing wrong as I wanna edit maps. Thanks.
    I recommend you never touch the core BF2 mod files. Make a copy of the BF2 mod and then unzip the client.zip and server.zip file contents into each map folder.

Do not create seperate Client and Server folders during the extraction. Just dump the contents of both zipped files into the map's root folder.

More info...go here http://bfeditor.org/forums/

Comment

Hey,

I just did what you said for a map I downloaded but when I try to use the map editor thing it doenst work, inless i am not doing it right. Not sure.

Comment

did you go to the folder of the level you wanted and unzip the server and client zips?

Comment

If you extracted the client.zip and server.zip file contents to the root of the map's folder then you can begin editing your map as I stated above. Then start the Editor, select your mod, and then load your map under LevelEditor.

I also suggest taking the time to read all the tutorials and visit the BF2Editor.org web site. Map making is not for everyone...

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by FFOLKES
            I also suggest taking the time to read all the tutorials and visit the BF2Editor.org web site. Map making is not for everyone...

Good luck.
            Especially if you want to support SP/co-op play. Bot navmesh creation is not a trivial exercise.

Comment

Working...
            X