Adding stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding stuff

plz just give me a few examples... of how to do a fw of these things and then I'll prob get the hang of it

like:
    add missiles, which are shootable, to the sides of a tank
    add bombs to a jeep
    add SMOKE trails to a plane or somthin like tht

Re: Adding stuff

Adding things like that are not possible because they have to be the same as the server...However adding smoke to the plane is possible however you wont see it...You can however add spawn points...and add more of the same vehicles....server side...

Comment

illusion
      im modding the server side files too
      and ive heard of people adding stuff
      please tell me

Comment

i want to add some blackhawks in karkand

Comment

Load up your BF2 editor.
          Stay in Objects editor mode.

Directy below the main menu bar in the top left hand corner is "Load Resources"with a + sign below it. Click on this +.
          Now select the mod you are using or the BF2 option in the drop down box to load the vehicle you want to play with.
          In the main window you should see all the different items you can play with - you can choose to import all of one type of catagory or just one by clicking on a folder from this list.
          You will have to do this at least twice - on second time you will need to load the item you want to add to the first item. {Bomb - gun}
          Once you have all your items loaded into the editor you can now start to play.
          In the left hand side directory tree you should see the items that you imported in. Double click on the vehicle you want to change or drag the file across into the main viewing window.
          You should now see the vehicle and back in the directory tree on the lefthand side you will see that the vehicle has been opened up and you can see all the different bits that make it up.
          There are certain elements that need to be in - I would suggest that you try altering different weapons first before trying to create something out of the blue first. {Load the FAAV and replace the 50.cal with a Minigun - MMMMmmmm now thats better.}
          Look for the gun position - by right mouse button clicking on these directories you can change different aspects - delete certain weapons and then "Ädd new child", choose your weapon and it should apear for you to fine tune into place.
          Once you have saved your new vehicle, check inside your BF2 Editor folder for a new folder {I can't remember what it is called} and inside this folder you will find your changed vehicle tweak file. Copy it and place it into your mod and your done.
          I have change the Aliraider from 3 M249's too 1 minigun, 2 50.cals. Another one of our team has 50.cals mounted on the jetskis.
          Have fun

Comment

Working...
          X