BF2: Special Forces Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2: Special Forces Error

I installed Special Forces and when I click the run button it goes to a black screen likes it loading up, but then a message pops up sayings something like bf2/mods/bf2/shaders/lightning is missing or close to that, I didn't memorize it. Can anyone help me with this? I tried reinstalling it, but it still says the same message.:hmm:

Re: BF2: Special Forces Error

Yea that is the same thing that happend to me. But i dont know wat the problem is.

Comment

Yea, a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him, but he just reinstalled it and it went away, but for me its still there.:cry:

Comment

Did you reinstall the entire game, or just SF?

You know that SF "patches" you to 1.1? After SF install, you then have to repatch to 1.3, preferably using the full patch.

Delete the files in the BF2 cache, under My Documents\BF2\mods\cache (i think that's the right directory, but you can search the forums if it isn't)

Comment

Nevermind, I got it. I just searched for a file named lightning.fx (the missing file) and it said it was in a folder called Shader Client, so I went their a copy&pasted everything out of there into the other Shader folder and it works now.

Comment

Working...
          X