Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chopper gunner.

Originally posted by Sloi
    Soloing can be as devastating as the two-man team, but it usually requires that the former identify and destroy the latter before they have a chance to counter, assuming they're good and communicate well, of course...
    As I don't pilot all that much I'll have to believe you. However I maintain my opinion that 2 people in an attack helo is better, chopper2chopper or otherwise, for some obvious reasons.

These things were made as 2-seaters for a reason

Comment

While we're on the "sensitive" topic, as far as PILOTING goes, where do most like their sensitivity set? (I know, mileage may vary)

Comment

I never really solo, but when I do.. well, I can pilot, i'm really good with cameras, and I know how to use the machine gun effectively when soloing. lol

Comment

My preference is to fly with a gunner, but I occassional solo if noone wants to gun. I spent alot of time in solo practicing solo tving when I was learning to fly. It's pretty easy really, but I don't find it as enjoyable as working with a gunner.

I learned and still play with the settings all at 4, would be interested in hearing what the vets use and any advantages. I don't really have any issues with the current settings, but I may increase them in the future.

Good gunners are tough to come by, first though I would recommend to anyone to practice flying/gunning in solo so you can get a good idea of the gunners view. Sometimes it's not just the gunners fault, if the pilot is all over the place.

Only thing that has been bugging me is my kdr, I love to fly so it suffers pretty badly. I think last night my best round was like 6 deaths and 9 kills and 65 driver assists. Ah well, flying is what does it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
            As I don't pilot all that much I'll have to believe you. However I maintain my opinion that 2 people in an attack helo is better, chopper2chopper or otherwise, for some obvious reasons.

These things were made as 2-seaters for a reason
            A two-man team IS better, but a solo helo should not be underestimated either.

Comment

A very skilled solo pilot/gunner can take out the best chopper teams. And if you disagree you seriously dont know what you're talking about.

Comment

I find that my clan buddy -=|SRBOT|=- is the best with my style of gunning. He's really good with setting me up with priority targets, like another attack helo or a tank. One time some guy was flying me and there was an attack chopper shooting at us from the left and he was setting me up for a tank way off in the distance. It was frustrating after I spotted the damn thing 5 times.

Comment

Working...
                X