Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chopper gunner.

Originally posted by orphious2006
    Every last one of you should have your CD keys banned. TKing for the chopper..taking people out of bounds.... And why? Because you are gods gift to BF2 choppering????
    That's right.

Comment

sometimes I choose not to shoot but instead use my 35mm Kodak to take a few scenic shots. I got some great shots of mr c-4 jihad, mr run to the other side of the board only to get shot, mr i panic in a gun fight and shoot everything except the enemy, mr pilot who crashes into buildings on most bomb runs.....yup good shots

Comment

Originally posted by NOSKills001
        Hey yall,

I have been getting better at flying the chopper but my new frustration is that I cannot find a decent gunner.
        Simple solution, learn to do both solo, until you get good enough to consistantly self tv guide other choppers and any vehicle on the ground.
        No more need for a gunner

Comment

Funny thing about soloing: if you get too good at it, you will be accused of cheating in one form or another. As is usually the case, these accusations come from the most unqualified of people.

I just finished a Dragon Valley round in which I had very little air opposition (and whenever I had a challenger, he was quickly disposed of), so I attacked the apcs, tanks, mobile aas, igla emplacements, et cetera. I finished with a 7:1 ratio (nothing spectacular) and the accusations didn't cease from late in the round to its completion.

Frustrating, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
            Funny thing about soloing: if you get too good at it, you will be accused of cheating in one form or another. As is usually the case, these accusations come from the most unqualified of people.

I just finished a Dragon Valley round in which I had very little air opposition (and whenever I had a challenger, he was quickly disposed of), so I attacked the apcs, tanks, mobile aas, igla emplacements, et cetera. I finished with a 7:1 ratio (nothing spectacular) and the accusations didn't cease from late in the round to its completion.

Frustrating, to say the least.
            Hardly frustrating.

I believe the appropriate word is hilarious

Comment

Hmm, solo gunning used to be a problem, because missles lost their lock.

Not anymore though, and those ass-hats who thought they were once kings of the sky, exploiting that flaw felt my wrath.. and earnt me my expert air-defence.

On dragon valley too.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
                Hmm, solo gunning used to be a problem, because missles lost their lock.

Not anymore though, and those ass-hats who thought they were once kings of the sky, exploiting that flaw felt my wrath.. and earnt me my expert air-defence.

On dragon valley too.
                Well that's the thing, isn't it? You ask anyone how proficient they are at an endeavor of their choosing and more often than not, they will over-estimate their ability (usually by a fair margin). When you think about it, not everyone can r0x0r... so we have a lot of wanna-be's flying around

Comment

I'm yet to find a decent chopper pilot here in the UK, as I can't fly for sh!t I do sometimes get in the gunners seat and when I do I normally end up getting some retard of a pilot who can't line you up for a TV hit or the minigun.

I guess it's the ranked servers I play on. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                    Thanks to whoever posted up recently where to change the sensitivity for the gunner in land controls.

I had the land control setting up high to help spin the tank turret fast but my gunning was near impossible.
                    Whoa. First I heard this. Are you saying the sensitivity settings under helicopter are for the pilot, not the gunner, and to adjust gunner sensitivities, I need to go into Land Vehicle control settings?

Comment

Some servers now have additional rules about solo chopper...

Just a few days ago, I was fighting a clan chopper team om clean sweep...
                      anihilating them...

Suddenly, kicked for 'seatswitching'...

Not by the chopper team guys, but some admin...
                      I got back in to tell him nobody wanted to gun for me (it was 8 vs 8 or so) and to ask how else I am to fight a chopper team..?

Answer: sorry, they are the rules...

Chopper team responded and said, 'let him fly, it's good practise', but that wasn't allowed...

Priceless, how this is adressed by some admins in the community...

Originally posted by kitchener
                      Whoa. First I heard this. Are you saying the sensitivity settings under helicopter are for the pilot, not the gunner, and to adjust gunner sensitivities, I need to go into Land Vehicle control settings?
                      Yes, this is correct... land settings for gunner...

Comment

Originally posted by kitchener
                        Totally correct.

Cpt. HKS, youre welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by DooDaH
                          Yes, this is correct... land settings for gunner...
                          MAN! I can't wait to give this a whirl tonight. Here I've been dropping sensitivity way back in Helo only to give myself sluggish controls when I'm flying because no pilot is available... Now I can have my cake and tv missile it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                            Well that's the thing, isn't it? You ask anyone how proficient they are at an endeavor of their choosing and more often than not, they will over-estimate their ability (usually by a fair margin). When you think about it, not everyone can r0x0r... so we have a lot of wanna-be's flying around
                            Hmm.. I suppose it also depends on who they're fighting AGAINST..

If its kklklkl in a chopper vs some-random-retard in his little jeep, that boy doesn't stand a chance.

If it's kklklkl in a chopper vs ME, it's about even. He's the best chopper pilot in the country (literally), I'm the best support in the country (literally), and my 5.6 K/D ratio in air def is nothing to laugh at.

It's hard to shoot down you buggers, even now.

OMG I just saw that kklklkl was reset... wtf for? He didn't pad.. http://bf2s.com/player/44703054/history/Score/ LOL nasty!

Tell me, Sloi, in your professional chopper-pilot type opinion, is a player more respected when he does something legitimately, and properly ie:

or if they camp for it? Which do you do? Which do you think I do? Which of these is what these noobs do? Are the solo-pilots actually that good? Or are they worse?

In my experience, I never fly without a gunner. Solo-ing is less effective, even if the flier is kklklkl.

Comment

Soloing can be as devastating as the two-man team, but it usually requires that the former identify and destroy the latter before they have a chance to counter, assuming they're good and communicate well, of course...

Comment

I have the worst luck finding a good pilot that isn't driving like a kid who just snorted a line of pixie stix.

Comment

Working...
                                X