Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I remap the key to get me into the commander map view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I remap the key to get me into the commander map view?

It's caps lock right? Well, tonight I was commander for the first time and felt like a moron because I couldn't get into the commander view. My caps lock key was assigned to something else, I a saw nowhere in the options to map a key for the view. I was ****ed and resigned. How in the hell do I set this up? And yes, I have searched.

Re: How can I remap the key to get me into the commander map view?

Capslock.

Comment

Oops. That's what I meant. I hit caps lock and still nothing.

Comment

I think it's one of your squad buttons. Squad screen junk.

Comment

Could be. I saw that my squad map key was not assigned, so I assigned it. Haven't got to try it out though, and I can't find my damn game manual. I don't really want to set all controls back to default either just to get it working.

Comment

Try the home key

Comment

No dice, I hit every key and still nothing. I'd guess it's in one of the .con files, but I don't know where to find it. (I can find the file, just not the mapping for the key)

I didn't see anything in the controls section of the options menu either.

Comment

omg, a commander who cant command.

Comment

The home key should also do it by default. Caps lock can't be used when playing on Vista but the home key works without having to change anything.

Comment

Check your in game options. You can reassign keys in there to do what ever you want.
                    Set your joystick for walking and you can do a cool moonwalk that looks funny for everyone else. Not practical in game unless you want to sneek up on someone.

Comment

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GILeader IDFKeyboard IDKey_Capital 10000 0

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                        ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GILeader IDFKeyboard IDKey_Capital 10000 0
                        Cool. Do I just copy and paste that into control.con, or just look for the entry and edit it? I'm going to assume it's already in there, so I'll try editing it.

Edit: Found it, and it's already in there.

Comment

Working...
                        X