Idea to help reduce spawn killing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea to help reduce spawn killing

Lets use Karkand's Hotel spawn point for this example. As you know there are 4 spawn locations found here. What if Dice actually allowed you to view the spawn area first then choose 1 of the 4 areas to spawn instead of it being a lottery? It's simple to, once you select the area you want to spawn in lets say the hotel. The map will zoom in and give you a closer view of the 4 spawn areas giving you live action (no different then if you are commander) then you pick which kit you want then select 1 of the 4 spawn areas.

For example if a tanker is spawn rapping on one of the spawn points you can choose to appear as a special ops at another spawn location. Instead of getting killed by a tanker then trying to respawn as a special ops wasting 1 unnecessary death.

Another idea is to expand the length and width in each spawn point. Instead of spawning in the same exact spot all the time. You are give able to point and click within a 5 meter area of the spawn point. That way you can take spawn killers by surprise as they will not know where you will spawn next.

Edit: I also thought of having the building at the spawn points opened up to allow access inside them, to spawn in them. Nothing fancy just a room to spawn in. But I would prefer a second floor room only to avoid c4 and tank spawn killing. Warlord comes to mind and there appears to be no problem in doing this. However this will be just 1 spawn location at each spawn point.

Re: Idea to help reduce spawn killing

yeah it would be great or if you can just click anywhere in the spawn zone type of thing like make a radius and just put a bunch of places in, but that would be harder, so your way is good

Comment

Nice idea though campers always found some spot

btw,4 spawnpoints idea is great though usually campers are riding up-down to Karkands Hotel Spawnpoints

Comment

There's really only 3 solutions.

1) EA puts in more clickable spawn dots. Instead of having just Hotel's 1 white dot, you get two. One on the left and one on the right.

2) EA introduces more spawn points for the flag. 1 spawn point on the other side of the fence, and another in one of the small alleys on the other side.

3) If you know you're getting raped, spawn somewhere else. This is quite comparable to television. Don't like what's on? Change the channel. In this case, spawn further back. If all you have is Hotel on MEC... maybe your team deserves to get raped for being so bad. lol

Comment

my opinoun is that if the team has another spawn point, there is nothing wrong with spawnraping. its their own fault they r dying. they could just spawn a 30 seconds walk away and be fine. also, i think that spawnraping is part of the whole procces to cap a flag.

Comment

lol, exactly.

I don't know how many times I've been MEC and gone to rape one of the US infantry spawns and the US has MEC's three back flags. People still spawn at the US spawns and whining WHEN THEY HAVE 3 OF OUR BACK FLAGS is pure retardation.

This game has plenty of options. If someone blocks you from one direction, you have other choices. People are just whiners.

Comment

Change the spawn, nothing wrong with jogging a few seconds and being able to actually kill something from a distance, with a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                Change the spawn, nothing wrong with jogging a few seconds and being able to actually kill something from a distance, with a chance.
                exactually. ppl r just so lazy and they want other ppl to stop doing something so they can have fun

Comment

When I play Karkand, I rarely spawn at the Hotel. I usually spawn at the Square instead, unless we don't hold the Square. Of course, it's personal preference, but I rarely get spawn killed using this method.

Comment

EASY! Create maps with a team sensitive and sizable "off bound" zone around the entire UCB point. People who spawn there will not get hurt and cannot get hurt even if they try to TK each other, but if other team try to hide within that "zone" they will be treated like they are "off bound".

Obviously the location of assets must be outside that zone, so that they can be destroyed.

This will stop:

1) TKing for armor/jets at UCB
                    2) Spawn camp
                    3) UCB camp
                    4) Constant Arti on UCB

This doesn't take a rocket scientist to come up with ( I know cause I am not one of them) and is easily implementable with easy coding and map adjustments. EA and DICE I am avaliable for hire for good game fix ideas, call me.

Comment

Originally posted by USARANGER01
                      my opinoun is that if the team has another spawn point, there is nothing wrong with spawnraping. its their own fault they r dying. they could just spawn a 30 seconds walk away and be fine. also, i think that spawnraping is part of the whole procces to cap a flag.
                      the FIRST thing I do when I spawn is to turn around and check to see if there's somebody waiting for me...

I hate spawn rapers... and when I kill them I love to smother it in their face that they'd wait there just for me. Its nice having a kill just hang out there for you when you spawn so you can help your KD out.

Comment

Originally posted by Slacker317
                        When I play Karkand, I rarely spawn at the Hotel. I usually spawn at the Square instead, unless we don't hold the Square. Of course, it's personal preference, but I rarely get spawn killed using this method.
                        Same here.. people that complain of spawn killing on karkand are completely retarded.. They have multiple other places to spawn... unlike.. wake... or dalian...or... you get the idea. lol

Comment

the problem is that there is no way to know when the other team will start spawn raping.
                          What makes spawn raping so successful in BF2 is that:
                          -you cannot see whats going on at the spawn point until after youspawn and get killed
                          -most people still take chances on the lottery spawn because only 1 or 2 spawn areas are under heavy fire and the duration varies.
                          -unlike console games, no one is willing to comm. this info. In some cases servers have viop disabled.

If you could actually see the spawn area before you spawn you can make a more wise choice of where you want to spawn. However, the C option is to retarded that it only allows you a few seconds of time and in some cases have to do it repeatedly in order to function properly. Having the sky view of the spawn area before you spawn gives a strategic advantage of where to spawn.
                          :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by RocketPunch
                            EASY! Create maps with a team sensitive and sizable "off bound" zone around the entire UCB point. People who spawn there will not get hurt and cannot get hurt even if they try to TK each other, but if other team try to hide within that "zone" they will be treated like they are "off bound".

Obviously the location of assets must be outside that zone, so that they can be destroyed.

This will stop:

1) TKing for armor/jets at UCB
                            2) Spawn camp
                            3) UCB camp
                            4) Constant Arti on UCB

This doesn't take a rocket scientist to come up with ( I know cause I am not one of them) and is easily implementable with easy coding and map adjustments. EA and DICE I am avaliable for hire for good game fix ideas, call me.

Yeah, then ppl will go nowhere but stay in the zone shooting the others outside who can NOT harm them.

I wouldn't say that's a wise call.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_piglet
                              Yeah, then ppl will go nowhere but stay in the zone shooting the others outside who can NOT harm them.
                              NO.

Obviously you need to have the UCB further away so no sniper from the "safe zone" can see the 1st cappable flag, and if spawn campers are standing just an inch outside that zone in thinking that he will kill the first guys walking outside, then IMO he deserver to be shot.

If they were all pushed back to UCB, that means they'
                              ve lost all the cappable flags and they were force to go offensive due to bleed. and everyone on the other other team should be defending a flag.

Comment

Working...
                              X