CTD Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD Fix

Dont know whether this has been mentioned before, but i'm getting the crashes to desktop after (or before) clicking 'join game'.

I have spotted a way to avoiding this. Basically not pressing join game!

If you join a game, the connection procedure runs, then the join game button appears. Now dont press ANYTHING, just leave it 30 seconds. The game will then load itself (i.e bring up the screen that asks for your spawn position and which gun etc) then do as usual, join the game and choose where to go.

Only problem with this, is you MAY get lag for the first couple of minutes, then all of a sudden the join game menu appears again (the bit with the map briefing etc) you can then click the join game button without it crashing and the lag will go away.

Not sure if this has been mentioned as a fix, but ive been doing it for a week now and can play no problems!

Hope it helps.

Re: CTD Fix

good look.....

preeeeeeeeeeeeesheee-ate da inf0000

Comment

It's a nice bug 1.3 brought us. And the way to bypass it as you mention only works if you have "autojoin" checked...otherwise it will sit there until time ends

Comment

this way avoids the CTD more often. but it can still happen, quite rare tho. as for you saying lag and other stuff, thats incorrect, it must be that you have a slow pc.

Comment

Well then tick autojoin then

Originally posted by zipp0r
          this way avoids the CTD more often. but it can still happen, quite rare tho. as for you saying lag and other stuff, thats incorrect, it must be that you have a slow pc.
          No i'm not incorrect, it happens, and i dont have a slow pc.

Comment

Ignore zippy, he can hardly post without sliding an insult in there somewhere...

Comment

your BF2 shat itself!

Comment

Originally posted by raceacontari
                until time ends
                Which time? The time of life? The time of the light at the end of the tunnel, stretching further and further into the distance, becoming more unreachable then the moment before? Is this what EA brought upon us?!

Comment

Originally posted by cellDamage

No it's your RAM.

If you don't have 2gb thats what will happen. I only have 1, and it happens to me too.

If you have 2gb ram.... well... I don't know. lol

Comment

I've got a GIG and I get lagged for the first few SECONDS not minutes.

Comment

2GB for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by cellDamage

i have no lag and my pc is fast, go figure...

Comment

Umm... why not hit esc. This will bring up the map also. Just a thought. Rather than sitting and waiting, you can get in immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Rub-UFS-
                            Umm... why not hit esc. This will bring up the map also. Just a thought. Rather than sitting and waiting, you can get in immediately.
                            esc bombs me to the desktop as well as clicking join game, hence why waiting for 30seconds will mostly join without crashing.

Comment

I get kicked to the desktop sometimes before I even get a chance to hit the join button. I usually wait a little while before clicking it, but I've been kicked out a few times while waiting. I've got 2 gb of ram too.

Comment

Working...
                              X