Post 1.3 Performance dive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 1.3 Performance dive...

After getting the 1.3 patch my game has become terribly crappy. The FPS has hit rocky bottom, I have tried deleting the cache, starting the game from restarts and other things but nothing seems to help. What frustrates me even more is that the game is supposed to run like **** off a spade on my system:

Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
    1.5 Gig Ram
    Radeon X800 GTO
    Soundblaster X-Fi

I used to run the game at a smooth frame rate at 1440 by 900 widescreen with everything on medium and just 2x AA. However now I have bumped back to 1024 by 768 with no AA and some settings on low just to get a decent frame rate to play. Its harder to aim, move, fire and do anything at this moment. Sometimes I inadvertenly crashed because the frame rate crashed...

Does any one have any ideas? All my drivers are the lastest versions...

Re: Post 1.3 Performance dive...

Found that I had to res down as well with the 1.3 patch on my sys. Thought i had decent stuff too. I am thinking that the 360 xbox may be a better was to battlefield...?

Comment

1.3 is a pain to install, because sometimes you gotta follow an ordered path for it to work properly; well right now patch 1.3 is not bugging me, but i know it will sometime.

Comment

Just had my third 'Connection loss' this hour and this s@@t is p@@@@g me off enough to pack this in after 700+ great hours of playing, unbelievable. I've got a 3.2 64 athlon, x800pro, xfi, 1.5meg, reloaded this garbage about 6 times put up with the 'If you want to crouch press so and so' commentary, jeeeeeeeeeeeezussssssssssssssss fng chrissssssssssst hire some decent coders EA, Dice, Monkeyspunk Lab 1 or whoever writes this junk you fng morons - End of vent.

BTW Warup - What is the install ordered path for BF2 and all booster packs, any advice mate?

Farhad, my gpu is similar and i've had no end of problems since the patch (ermm see above for a snapshot), have a read of the advice on this site it helped me up the fps from 30-40 to 50-70 pretty detailed stuff I'm no expert and it explained a lot of the settings etc to me.

http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_10.html
        http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html

Comment

this is the order:

BF2>SF>Full 1.3>EF>Full 1.3>AF

Comment

Working...
          X