Beta tester :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta tester :D

I really want to beta test... send me an invite on xfire if you want me to test something....

Re: Beta tester

I dont think you will get much of a response here for that m8 - this is more for mod teams looking for recruits - your best bet is to actually go to the teams websites and ask there... although, if you have never done it before (and i am assuming you haven't as you havent stated any experience) then I dont like your chances... good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob
      I dont think you will get much of a response here for that m8 - this is more for mod teams looking for recruits - your best bet is to actually go to the teams websites and ask there... although, if you have never done it before (and i am assuming you haven't as you havent stated any experience) then I dont like your chances... good luck.
      Well ive got about 200 hours beta testing

Comment

^^^ lol you mean playing bf2! :laugh:

but, seriously, if you do have experience you should post what mod you worked for and for how long - then provide a link to their site showing your name. Its very easy to say you have experience - prooving it is another thing!

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob
          ^^^ lol you mean playing bf2! :laugh:

but, seriously, if you do have experience you should post what mod you worked for and for how long - then provide a link to their site showing your name. Its very easy to say you have experience - prooving it is another thing!

good luck!
          500 + hours playing bf2 on xfire, 300 + - on bf2, you do the math.

Comment

hehehe ^^^^ I'm not quite sure what you are getting at, but unfortunately that isn't "beta-testing" experience. Thats just playing bf2! I know you may think it is - but mod teams won't see it that way haha! Beta-testing is NOTHING like playing a game - sure, when you get to final build it is kinda like playing the mod - but even then it really isn't. I'd say your best luck would be getting onto a testing team for the final build when they do stress testing (you only got to be there with a full server to do that) but even then, almost all the big mods already have full testing teams and even then most are very cautious handing out builds to people they just met when nearing the final build (i.e content leaking). Being on a testing team previously gives you a level of credibility and trust that can't be equalled by any level of Vanilla playing time.

have a hunt around - i think "Cowguy" was looking for testers around here not so long ago... perhaps you should PM him? Otherwise go to the actual homepages of the mods and sign up there - just don't expect any instant responses, Mod teams are bombarded with many people looking for testing positions all the time... but stick to it and you may just get in there!!!

best of luck to ya - Beta-testing is a job everyone wants but doesn't know entirely about. Do everything you can to set yourself above the pack (this includes personality!) and the world is your oyster!

[FH]jimbob

Comment

As a former Public Relations Rep for Project Reality I can tell you beta testing is not just "Playing around". Like Jimbob said you have to have Beta Cotroll experience. There are steps to take and you have to know what to lok for and how to report it. Alot of things dont work in a Beta hense the testing. If you really want to get started like he said find a mod and ask to help. Start from the bottom and work your way us. It is alot of work though so keep that in mind.

Comment

Well,
                We're looking for 5 million Beta Testers.
                Beta is released!

I think this is a good spot to query such a demand.

Hop on over to www.sys3d.com and sign up in our forums.
                Also download the AMP Client or WinDed Server and try it out.

Tell us what you think and you could be a tester just like that.
                We're not complicated. We're experienced with communication.

(site may be down, check back in few mins if this happens to you)
                (changing web host within 72 hours of this post)

Comment

5 Million

As in 5,000,000? You do know that there's only an average of 10,000 regular BF2 players.

Comment

lol! 5 mill.

Comment

I used to be a paid beta tester its pretty borings really you don't really get to play games you want and your always trying to figure out how to bust the game (depending on what kind of testing your doing) Testing is a very time consuming job and not all that fun. Plus lengthy reports..

Comment

In the words of EAUK_Sentience "Its great when you get to test out the Battlefield franchise but it gets very ugly when you have to test out Alice's pixy adventures."

(I think thats what he said, it was a long time ago, but was definatly basically that).

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Mavrik347
                          In the words of EAUK_Sentience "Its great when you get to test out the Battlefield franchise but it gets very ugly when you have to test out Alice's pixy adventures."

(I think thats what he said, it was a long time ago, but was definatly basically that).
                          What about barbie horse adventures? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

lol no, definatly something with pixies in

Comment

or mobil games..

Comment

Working...
                              X