How Prevalent Is The Ctd??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Prevalent Is The Ctd??

Seems now, no matter what I try, I get the CTD -- seemingly random -- as I choose servers. Doesn't happen all the time, but often enough. I have reduced the amount of stuff running in the background (by way of task manager). You all know how long it takes to load the game, then find and choose a server, wait for it load, only to CTD! Makes me wanna smash my PC into pieces!!! Anyone come up with a fix for this annoying and unnecessary problem?

Re: How Prevalent Is The Ctd??

welcome to bf2, when it starts doing it to me again i just re-patch.

Comment

happens to me too. It is caused by the 1.3 patch and there is no fix for it. DICE can release a hotfix but they are so retarded to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Teufelhundt
        Seems now, no matter what I try, I get the CTD -- seemingly random -- as I choose servers. Doesn't happen all the time, but often enough. I have reduced the amount of stuff running in the background (by way of task manager). You all know how long it takes to load the game, then find and choose a server, wait for it load, only to CTD! Makes me wanna smash my PC into pieces!!! Anyone come up with a fix for this annoying and unnecessary problem?
        its amazingly random!
        first it was the join game button causing it to crash, so i used escape, then it wouldnt even let me join the server so i reinstalled and repatched.
        Now, if i press escape to join the game it crashes! so i have to use join game button.
        and it still randomly crashes sometimes.

Comment

I get it all the time i have actually stopped playing bf2 because of it and gone to bf42 for the laughs ....

I can do both the esc enter game or the join button or just let it roll in itself always i get kicked back to desktop.

EA should see the forums and see how many people are complaining about this CTD and do something but me thinks they have bigger fish to fry with bf2142.....

Comment

I think this new 'click on JOIN SERVER and CTD' issue affects everyone with v1.3.

Just hit ESCAPE instead of clicking on JOIN SERVER and you should be able to avoid that issue.

Comment

its very rare for me. once again, 1.3 all the way.

Comment

hitting esc does not reduce the chance of CTD. Thankfully, i did not get any CTD yesterday when i hit the join button.

Wish they could just release a damned hotfix.

Comment

Random CTD for me as well. Lets boycot 2142, that'l show 'em. :-)

Comment

If you have an Overclock, you might be more likely to CTD. Take off your overclock and try your luck.

It'll still happen, but when I took off my overclock (2.4ghz to 2.6ghz) my CTDs decreased by about 90%!

Comment

Well i saw a server message saying that if you use the 1.3 incremental it is more likely that you will CTD, and they recomend getting the full 1.3 patch to avoid CTD(or less of it).

Comment

Yep.. just got it.. and im currently patching... soo slow...

I cant wait for the new patch...

Comment

its varied by patch for me, I didn't get any of the "join" ctd's, 'cept 1-2 tops with current patch.

However, the last patch had a real issue with my OC'ing on my CPU, I was running at a 11.0x multiplier, getting 2.2ghtz out of my athlon 2600+, but I've dropped down to 9.5x and getting 1.9ghtz - it stopped the ctd's altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr yuck
                            If you have an Overclock, you might be more likely to CTD. Take off your overclock and try your luck.

It'll still happen, but when I took off my overclock (2.4ghz to 2.6ghz) my CTDs decreased by about 90%!
                            Sorry if this is off-topic, but what program did you use to overclock?

Comment

Working...
                            X