Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with my Joystick setup for planes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my Joystick setup for planes.

Okay, I got this cheap joystick today from wal*mart. its a "Saitek ST290 Pro joystick".I got it for like $22 dollors or something. Anyway I CAN'T Figure out how to get this thing setup with the damn air controls. Anybody Know how to set this thing up???

Re: Need help with my Joystick setup for planes.

Right. Options - Controls - Aircraft.

Comment

Yeah i got that part. but when it comes to setting what to what? like i got it mostly set up but i had problems with pitch and roll and steering.

Well i check this out some other time i gotta get going. IF anybody can like show me the layout of this joystick they be my hero. Thank you
      Peace.

Comment

Hey;

That joystick doesn't work with BF2 sorry man, I had one and it doesn't take in the options settings..

I have the Saitek X52, but you could get anyother higher up ones.

Originally posted by PFC.WELCOME
        Okay, I got this cheap joystick today from wal*mart. its a "Saitek ST290 Pro joystick".I got it for like $22 dollors or something. Anyway I CAN'T Figure out how to get this thing setup with the damn air controls. Anybody Know how to set this thing up???

Comment

Originally posted by [TEC]Wolf_Holic
          Hey;

That joystick doesn't work with BF2 sorry man, I had one and it doesn't take in the options settings..

I have the Saitek X52, but you could get any other higher up ones.
          hehe
          u r nuts
          ghost uses the very same 'cheap' joystick
          and he avg about 50k and 5 death per game
          he just made 2 star general - so I guess the 'cheap' joystick must be ok?
          and I just bought one today when my $45 stick broke
          and the cheap one is better

Originally posted by PFC.WELCOME
          Yeah i got that part. but when it comes to setting what to what? like i got it mostly set up but i had problems with pitch and roll and steering.

Well i check this out some other time i gotta get going. IF anybody can like show me the layout of this joystick they be my hero. Thank you
          Peace.
          there is a bug in the aircraft setup
          you have to clear out your settings for pitch and roll
          then place the cursor in the UP box, and pull back on the stick
          (then the down will auto-complete)
          then do the Left one 1st, and the right will autocomplete

good luck

Comment

Hey;

I have the Saitek X52, but you could get anyother higher up ones.
            WTF are you talking about?????
            I have had this joystick since the game came out and it works PERFECTLY.

Comment

LOL

I see that a lot of intelligence here like statements like WTF & ur nuts..wow I see this Forum is no different from anyother..

A person cannot make a statement without being attacked...

Well if thats how it is here, no sense coming back..

I won't miss your intelligence...

Comment

joysticks:laugh:

Comment

the reason the person got attacked
                  was because he made a TOTALLY FALSE technical STATEMENT AND THEREFOR COULD HAVE BADLY MISLEAD THE FIRST POSTER!

I have often complained about all the posters in here shooting their mouth
                  like some kind of expert - when they are full of hot air

sure, many topics are opinions and questions and "what do you thinks?"
                  but when some smacktard says "... that joystick will never work - go buy something more expensive !" that deserves a smack down

when people come here asking for help
                  if you KNOW the answer - say so
                  if you THINK you know the answer - say you "THINK" so or "maybe"

sorry if I sound ticked- but to then have the guy who makes the bogus comments get defended = well - insanity

reminds me of an episode on "meet the press" few years ago
                  (this is NOT a joke - I actually saw this on TV)
                  typical 2 senators chatting, and the republican interrupts the democrat and says
                  "you can;t say that ! you KNOW it is not True ! ! !!"
                  and the democrat replies " I know it is not true, - - - but let me finish anyway!

Comment

Sorry man I just don't see where I posted being the expert, I was just giving my opinion of what happened to me, sure someone else could get it to work, good for you..here is you Techincal medal...

Funny most Forums all have a little, crictic lying around somewhere waiting in the wings to jump someones opinion..

How about this instead of attacking, someone's opinion you say " Sorry, I totally disagree with you I have one and it works fine" isn't that easier.

You can catch more bee's with honey than with vinegar.:laugh:

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                    the reason the person got attacked
                    was because he made a TOTALLY FALSE technical STATEMENT AND THEREFOR COULD HAVE BADLY MISLEAD THE FIRST POSTER!

I have often complained about all the posters in here shooting their mouth
                    like some kind of expert - when they are full of hot air

sure, many topics are opinions and questions and "what do you thinks?"
                    but when some smacktard says "... that joystick will never work - go buy something more expensive !" that deserves a smack down

when people come here asking for help
                    if you KNOW the answer - say so
                    if you THINK you know the answer - say you "THINK" so or "maybe"

sorry if I sound ticked- but to then have the guy who makes the bogus comments get defended = well - insanity

reminds me of an episode on "meet the press" few years ago
                    (this is NOT a joke - I actually saw this on TV)
                    typical 2 senators chatting, and the republican interrupts the democrat and says
                    "you can;t say that ! you KNOW it is not True ! ! !!"
                    and the democrat replies " I know it is not true, - - - but let me finish anyway!

Comment

Sorry man I just don't see where I posted being the expert, I was just giving my opinion of what happened to me, sure someone else could get it to work, good for you..here is you Techincal medal...

Funny most Forums all have a little, crictic lying around somewhere waiting in the wings to jump someones opinion..

How about this instead of attacking, someone's opinion you say " Sorry, I totally disagree with you I have one and it works fine" isn't that easier.

You can catch more bee's with honey than with vinegar.:laugh:
                      What ever happened with that hacker in your clan?

Comment

Hey;

I sent you a PM saying he was kicked from [TEC]Squad.

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                        What ever happened with that hacker in your clan?

Comment

sorry - tec- plz accept my public apology
                          it is not my style to "attack" posters
                          and I did not think saying "u r nuts' was an 'attack"
                          but again - if it seemed that way - my bad !

as I said - it really offends me when folks say things with certainty
                          for example - you did not say 'you could not get it to work'
                          or 'it did not work for you' - you said 'it does not work in bf2'
                          hey - not trying to be to 'nit picky' - just explaining my reasoning to you

again - plz accept my apology for any offense given = none intended

semper fi

Comment

Hey;

Its all cool man, no problem we all have those days...

sorry - tec- plz accept my public apology
                            it is not my style to "attack" posters
                            and I did not think saying "u r nuts' was an 'attack"
                            but again - if it seemed that way - my bad !

as I said - it really offends me when folks say things with certainty
                            for example - you did not say 'you could not get it to work'
                            or 'it did not work for you' - you said 'it does not work in bf2'
                            hey - not trying to be to 'nit picky' - just explaining my reasoning to you

again - plz accept my apology for any offense given = none intended

semper fi

Comment

there is a bug in the aircraft setup
                              you have to clear out your settings for pitch and roll
                              then place the cursor in the UP box, and pull back on the stick
                              (then the down will auto-complete)
                              then do the Left one 1st, and the right will autocomplete

good luck
                              I had problems setting the roll also. The first problem was that my roll was set up the wrong way (lean left to roll right). Then I couldn't change it back, even if I got rid of EVERY joystick setting it would still tell me something like "Joybutton 9 is already in use" or "Joyaxis 0 is already in use" or something like that.

I reset it to default and then set the pitch and roll BEFORE setting any other buttons. It worked fine after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X