Debugging a Map.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugging a Map.

What is the best process for debugging a map?

I have created a map that i have tried to load into a local server and it gives me no error message and drops me to the desktop after loading about 30%.

Did a search for "Debugging a map" on the forum but there doesn't seem to be a general post on how to deal with degbugging.

Re: Debugging a Map.

run the debugger

Comment

How exactly do you run it ? I heard about debugger as well.. but i didnt find it

Comment

best way i found was to set battlefield up to run in window and it will then give you the error code when it crashes, print screen it and post in these forums they are oh so helpfull....

Comment

On your desktop shortcut, right mouse click and select Properties.

In the "Target" line you should see the following or similar.
          H:\BF2\BF2.exe -r +menu 0 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/21cwaaf_minimod +szx 1280 +szy 1024

Change too...
          H:\BF2\BF2.exe -r +menu 0 +fullscreen 0 +modPath mods/21cwaaf_minimod +szx 1024 +szy 768

{Changed
          +fullscreen 1 too 0
          +szx 1280 +szy 1024 too +szx 1024 +szy 768
          - this is needed to reduce the size of the BF2 window}

Comment

Is 30% the crash for when you haven't set the control point for team 2 to 2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Vulcan
              Is 30% the crash for when you haven't set the control point for team 2 to 2 ?
              Did you try in the windowed mode as stated above. You should have got a message from Dice as too what the problem is?
              Sometime you will not see a message - the game will just crash too desktop - you have trouble if this is all you are getting. Double back in what you changed to try and get a working version and then step forward one step at a time.

Too often we change more things than one when modding too save time on the recompile and test process but it does lead to bigger problems when it does stuff up.

Comment

Working...
              X