Help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please?

Well i reinstalled BF2 and started to install the first patch, k now the 1st one is in i tried to put in the 1.12 patch dont work says i need 3000mb of space to patch BF2 and i have 130 gigs so i dont know what to do there, and then i tried to play the game and it starts to load after i click on the icon to play then the game shuts off back to my desk top so please can some one help me? And when i first got this game i played it alot with out any patchs and then i install the first patch and it crashes

Re: Help please?

Originally posted by Siccmade
    Well i reinstalled BF2 and started to install the first patch, k now the 1st one is in i tried to put in the 1.12 patch dont work says i need 3000mb of space to patch BF2 and i have 130 gigs so i dont know what to do there, and then i tried to play the game and it starts to load after i click on the icon to play then the game shuts off back to my desk top so please can some one help me? And when i first got this game i played it alot with out any patchs and then i install the first patch and it crashes
    Is the 130 GB on the drive where Windows is on? (more exactly where Program Files is on) ??

You need to have the 3GB of free space there too.

You can temporaryly move the location of program files in registry and the patch runs regardsless of the space on the drive.

Open regedit.exe , and go to
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion]

Edit ProgramFilesDir from C:\Program Files to e.g. D:\Program Files if D: is your second harddrive.

Then run patch, and after patching change the registry setting back to what it was before editing. If you restart the PC and don't change back, several shortcuts for Windows applications won't work etc, so take note of this.

Comment

I have 2 hard drives the main one has windows on it and the 2nd drive has BF2 on it, so i need 3 freegigs on the main drive to make this work or do what u said ^ change files and stuff? and why is the game crashing now and never did before? like i said after the first patch it acts weird now

Comment

I have 2 hard drives the main one has windows on it and the 2nd drive has BF2 on it, so i need 3 freegigs on the main drive to make this work or do what u said ^ change files and stuff? and why is the game crashing now and never did before? like i said after the first patch it acts weird now
        Yes, your windows drive has to have 3GBs of space to install a 150-odd MB patch - sounds crazy but it's true.

The game is most likely crashing now for you as like a lot of other people the latest patch does nothing but cause issues, wait for the next patch (in July) unless you want to waste a lot of time trying to fix it.

Comment

ok so if i have all of the patchs that are out now it should work better? cause all i got now is the first one until i free up some space

Comment

ok so if i have all of the patchs that are out now it should work better? cause all i got now is the first one until i free up some space
            OK, now youre just confusing me. 1.3 is the latest patch. You ONLY need that one, not all the previous ones. But its not a good patch.

Comment

ok so ill i need is the full 1.3 patch? i never got to install all the others yet cause they are not working right cause i install the first patch then the 2nd then the 3rd says i need the 1.2 then i put in the 1.2 then go on to the 1.21 then it says i need the 1.12 lol so i gave up

Comment

You just need the full patch 1.3, dont worry about the other ones. Although patch 1.3 produces mixed results for people, it might work for you, it might not. There is another patch due out next month which should be a lot better, so if you find 1.3 doesnt work for you, just wait a while.

Comment

k thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X