First of all I have the following system

Athlon 64 X2 3800
    connect3d x1900xt
    2gb g.skill ram pc4000
    a-bit an8 sli mobo
    36 raptor hd
    win xp sp2 pro 32bit
    fortron 500 watt psu
    x-fi xtreme music (I have tried removing it BTW)

Well the problem is that in battlefield 2 I notice hitching, I call it hitching and not stutter cause when it happens the hard drive is not caching and pauses are shorter...it never happens in any game now since I got 2gb of ram...

Heres an example...I load up BF2, just after it loads lets say in dragon valley I spawn in the ship and im looking at the see...I look around in 180 degrees without looking at land and it wont hitch...then I completely turn around and look at the islands and it hitches.....after that it wont do it again, however every once in a while it happens after some time of playing...it annoys me a little, I spent a lot of my money in this system so I thought I would run games ok...

Im running game maxed out (system should be able to handle it)

Things ive swapped to test: PSU, Mobo, Vidcard and Ram

Any help would be appreciated

PS: Latest drivers on everything
    dual core fixes, both amd and ms
    tried manual affinity setting
    tried fresh install
    Im doing all tests in sp mode so no lag is involved...

thanks

Re: hitching " mid-high range system "

Reinstall BF2, lol. I suck at helping but you gotta give me props for trying. Also, reinstalling BF2 sucks the fat one, fo sho, so don't do what I just offered.

Comment

Maybe somthing is getter HOT Graphcard CPU or maybe your PSU is not too good

I had a similar problem when i tried overclocking my 9600 and it would get very hot

Have you tried overclocking

Also is the x1900xt the the graph card alot of people are having problems with or was that the x1900xtx(might be worth looking in to)

I am not very experienced with PC's but if none of the above is your problem maybe it is a system setting in the bios or something even if you bought from a shop sometimes they make little mistakes in the BIOS settings

Hope you sort it out and hope my reply might have been usefull

Comment

ya, ati cards expecially ati 1900 is famous for getting very hot. get some better cooling, or a bigger case with lots of fans. heat can cause that possibly.

Comment

It's the new patch, loads of people are getting all sorts of performance issues since this 1.3 patch. I can play BF2 with everything on the lowest settings possible (except view distance on 100%) and I get an FPS under 30, but when I play the Prey demo with everything on high it's totally smooth!

Comment

Originally posted by ramsy66
            It's the new patch, loads of people are getting all sorts of performance issues since this 1.3 patch. I can play BF2 with everything on the lowest settings possible (except view distance on 100%) and I get an FPS under 30, but when I play the Prey demo with everything on high it's totally smooth!
            completly different games so you can not compare the performance between the 2

Comment

Im not overclocking and Temperatures are fine...radeon gets a little hot, around 80 degrees celcius in load, but thats normal, most users report 90 degrees...

and yeah if I lower all the settings its completely smooth....but with this system I dont think thats acceptable...

heres a video so you see the problem

you notice it till the end of the video

Comment

i have a 1800xt and have no heat problems they gpus are meant to take some heat abuse. also i have a 4400x2 and when i have both cores on my performance is worse. plus the patches suck man its prob not ur system just the crap ass patches this game has.
                i know this sounds wierd but i enabled vysnc always on and tripple buffering in CCC and game runs better then a console game now no lag at all. my monitor is only 60 hz so dats all the fps i get but so far in heavy fighting i only drop like 1fps.

Comment

I have a similar problem, pc specs are decent settings are high, high, high, high, low, off, low, 4x high, 100%

Happens with different chipset, video and sound drivers. Happens running overclocked or stock. Happens after fresh windows & bf2 install on new disks.

After google'ing, found someone mentioning reducing process priority for bf2.exe and it fixed my problem, maybe give it a try.

Run bf2, alt-tab to desktop, ctrl-shift-esc for task manager, right click on bf2.exe, Set Priority to BelowNormal, alt=tab back to bf2

Comment

I have been getting a performance decrease since 1.3 I believe but I'm unsure, I will uninstall BF2 and put it back to 1.22 or w/e and see how it runs. I will fill everyone in. But I'm 100% positive my game ran flawlessly before 1.3

Comment

i was runnin BF2 flawlessly on 1.3patch in my old OS until i reinstalled windows and im having anoying probs with BF2.

Comment

Working...
                      X