Minimap "feature"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimap "feature"

If you watch your minimap while it's zoomed in you can catch the occasional sniper squad that's wreaking havoc on your airstrip by where they dumped their vehicle at. All vehicles show up as grey icons on your minimap when they are unoccupied, even if it's an enemy vehicle. You can press capslock to scan the map for any unusually placed jeeps in the mountains. Ideally you'd want to get good enough to spot these empty vehicles the moment they are left behind. Another neat thing you can do is to press capslock when you die to scope out what bases have vehicles you can use. Helps if you're one of those people that like to spawn at the airstrip when you join a server.

Re: Minimap "feature"

Yea, that's something I picked up already. I was on Sharqi Peninsula on the MEC side, spawned at the beachhouse and noticed an oddly placed vehicle up on the mountains behind me. Suddenly feeling paranoid, I backed away from the chopper... seconds later, C4 detonated under it and I was inches away from being blown to pieces.

Luckily, the commander spotted the Spec Ops dude on the mountain for me and I was able to shoot him down before he realised his little plan had failed. So, needless to say, that was awesome... and I was incredibly lucky.

Comment

I've been doing this for a long time...
      Handy tactic for tankjacking engies that hop out to repair their ride.

Comment

Yup, noticed this since day one, and have been playing smart with it ever since.

Very helpful when I'm going around in my heli, and have many empty vehicles laying around on my minimap. The instant one disspears off the map, I know it's been occupied. I snap the heli around and launch one off into the fog, already sure what I'm looking for, and whos in it.

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
          Yup, noticed this since day one, and have been playing smart with it ever since.

Very helpful when I'm going around in my heli, and have many empty vehicles laying around on my minimap. The instant one disspears off the map, I know it's been occupied. I snap the heli around and launch one off into the fog, already sure what I'm looking for, and whos in it.
          ditto

Comment

I am always looking out for vehicles that appear out of no where on the mini-map or vehicles that were just at one of your bases and just disappeared. I dont think there has been a time where I have spawned before checking if the flag I am about to spawn at has a Jeep in there for me or not.

Comment

I've been doing this since day 1. Great way to improve your situational awareness.

Moved to tips and tricks.

Comment

tip: if u are spec op put c4 on any vehicle that u think will be full of noobs... then go far away and hide and press caps lock. u see the vehicle as grey and when it disapear it means that someone in other team entered it or it exploded!
                use your c4!

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                  If you watch your minimap while it's zoomed in you can catch the occasional sniper squad that's wreaking havoc on your airstrip by where they dumped their vehicle at. All vehicles show up as grey icons on your minimap when they are unoccupied, even if it's an enemy vehicle. You can press capslock to scan the map for any unusually placed jeeps in the mountains. Ideally you'd want to get good enough to spot these empty vehicles the moment they are left behind. Another neat thing you can do is to press capslock when you die to scope out what bases have vehicles you can use. Helps if you're one of those people that like to spawn at the airstrip when you join a server.
                  You should seriously compile a post of things like this and title it 'BF2 for Dummies'. I don't mean that sarcastically either, for a lot of newer players, it would help open up their eyes to alot of simple yet effective means of being able to tell more about their surroundings. I would say most of the longer time BF2 players (and BF players in general) probably know most of these things already, but it is almost guaranteed to help the newer player out. Then when your done with compiling it, it should be stuck at the top.

Comment

yea i know...
                    bitvomit everytime i see your avatar I laugh... its so funny

Comment

Working...
                    X