Iron Gator warp glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Gator warp glitch?

This happened last night and I have to ask... anybody else ever seen this?

I was in the hanger bay as MECSF and our team was attacking the south side of the bay from the north.

I jumped up onto a crate that lead to another crate that would give me a good firing position down the hanger bay... when I turned and jumped onto the second box, I was instantly "teleported" to the flight deck right beside the Cobra attack chopper..... So I jump in and raped the SEALS on deck with rockets.....

I felt kinda dirty afterwards. I never got a chance to try the glitch again, but has anybody else ever seen this?

Re: Iron Gator warp glitch?

It's probably because the hanger bay is on the top floor. When you jumped on top of the second box, the ceiling was probably right above you, right? If so, then you "forced" your player model at least halfway through the ceiling and the game thought you were actually on the flight deck. So it placed you right there.

Comment

the cobra spawned, that has been know to teleport people

Comment

what a funny glitch. maybe thats why iron gator is the laggiest sf map ever.

Comment

maybe the server admin teleported you. happened to me once one Ghost Town. Was in a tank caping flag as SAS and when i was done i warped to the nearest flag from the opposing team. i was switched by the admin but without dying. only problem is that you werent warped to a flag. but maybe they can put you were they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk001
            maybe the server admin teleported you. happened to me once one Ghost Town. Was in a tank caping flag as SAS and when i was done i warped to the nearest flag from the opposing team. i was switched by the admin but without dying. only problem is that you werent warped to a flag. but maybe they can put you were they want.
            BS! No such thing as teleporting via SA.

As for this glitch, the cobra spawning is the only plausible explanation...

Comment

Never seen this before but it is BF and things happen for no apparent reason. I would chalk it up as a one time thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk001
                Hahahaha, yeah right..

And kids, this is why drugs are bad..

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                  This happened last night and I have to ask... anybody else ever seen this?

I was in the hanger bay as MECSF and our team was attacking the south side of the bay from the north.

I jumped up onto a crate that lead to another crate that would give me a good firing position down the hanger bay... when I turned and jumped onto the second box, I was instantly "teleported" to the flight deck right beside the Cobra attack chopper..... So I jump in and raped the SEALS on deck with rockets.....

I felt kinda dirty afterwards. I never got a chance to try the glitch again, but has anybody else ever seen this?
                  that has happened to me about 3 times

Comment

Originally posted by [WOLF]bbob
                    Hahahaha, yeah right..

And kids, this is why drugs are bad..
                    OK just to make this clear, no admin can move people during active game play. It is possible to move persons when dead (In free camera mode). That is to even teams. But when a player is active, this is not possible by anyone.

Comment

yeah when vehicles spawn you can be moved, it must have been the apache spawning

Comment

I had this last week - I was running along inside the hanger near the side and bam, suddenly I was on the deck.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaDoc64
                          OK just to make this clear, no admin can move people during active game play. It is possible to move persons when dead (In free camera mode). That is to even teams. But when a player is active, this is not possible by anyone.
                          hi i run a server and use a rcon program called Battlefield 2 Remote Server manager from www.bf2rcon.co.uk and this allows you to switch players whilst they are playing to either team without them dying, you can choose to move them instantly or to the nearest friendly control point which will teleport them to the nearest friendly flag

it also works when they are in vehicles

Comment

omg. its really possible.?!?!?!!! Admin Abuse!

Comment

well we use it when people swap teams all the time time so it ends up like 10-20 but not just willy nilly and only at the start of a map

Comment

Working...
                              X