Ranking System ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking System ?

If it wasnt for the ranking system ie the fun in trying to get your badges get up a rank would you still be playing bf2 ?

Re: Ranking System ?

I have wondered that a few times. Basically, I doubt that it would be as much fun to most because the ranking system adds goals/challenges to the game.

I am sure that most people would stick to only one tactic/kit if it wasn't for the ranking system. By enticing other players to obtain ranks/badges/medals, players are more adventorous to try other things. I have learned to appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of other kits/vechiles while trying to get a badge/ribbon/medal.

When I 1st started playing BF2 and before I understood the ranking system, I basically only played Spec Ops and was discouraged to try other kits because I did not know how to work them. I felt very uncomfortable playing engineer for example and stayed away from that kit until I knew I had to play that roll to get a badge or whatever. Once I figured things out, it brought a whole new dimension to the game for me.

As much as others hate the ranking system, I think it spices things up. Most of us can become obsessed with rank and lose sight of the fact that this game is suppose be fun. But hey, fun means different things to different people.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

idk...i still play cs right? and cs is prob less "fun" than bf2

but after playing a lot of bf2...i started to care less about stats in the non-stat games which made it more fun

but id prob still play it cuz its fun...( i mustve had at least 60 hours on the demo)

Comment

BF2 would probably be even more fun without a ranking system. There are literally sh!tloads of custom maps and mods coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
          BF2 would probably be even more fun without a ranking system. There are literally sh!tloads of custom maps and mods coming out.
          the Battlefield series is all about the mods, ever since BF42 came out.

Comment

Dunno,but I totally agree with NOSkills001,I only played Spec-Ops and nothing else!But when I started to play other kits..............

It would me less fun if there werent stats,but who knows

Comment

I wish bf2 had never been ranked. That way it would just be a game to everyone not just some. I wish it wasn't ranked, but since its how I have been playing it I would stop if they just took the ranking system out.

Comment

No ranks, I would be playing stunt mods and thats it. A ranking system gives multiplayer some depth and its fun to shoot for the ranks/awards.

Comment

the ranks, medal, awards, etc....

they all give the player something to play towards, and look forward to or whatever...

Comment

I've been playing for so long and gotten so many of the badges that I don't really pay attention to my stats that much any more. It's just cool to know that some imaginary number is going up on some server in the bowels of an EA datacenter, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                      100% agree, IMO, all this whoring and camping is a direct result of the ranking system. It puts the "me first" thinking above all else. I almost never play on ranked servers and I had a blast everytime (win or loose) playing at a unranked community I am supporting.

Comment

id still play if the mods kept comming

Comment

its kinda fun aiming for the awards. though fun is different to many people. some jus prefer sm.

Comment

yeah no doubt but i just dont think it would be as much fun to play. sort of like a radically improved cs.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketPunch
                              100% agree, IMO, all this whoring and camping is a direct result of the ranking system. It puts the "me first" thinking above all else. I almost never play on ranked servers and I had a blast everytime (win or loose) playing at a unranked community I am supporting.
                              The whoring and camping would still be there without the ranking system, as some people are just jerks.

I like the ranking system, don't neccesarily pay much attention to it as my stats aren't exactly sh1t hot but I feel comfortable knowing it's there all the same. The human brain is structured to get giddy about little drum rolls and victory horns and some badge flashing up in the corner.

Comment

Working...
                              X