problem with programing keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with programing keys

I have had bf2 for a while now but recentaly, I acidentaly changed my coruch key. I had it as left shift but now it won't assign it back it says that left shift is being used in chopper controls. I have reistaled bf2 and special forces and completly cleared the helo controlls section but it still says that left shift is being used in helicopter controlls. I don't know why it is happening since it worked fine when i first got it (april 12 2006) and I've tried using a different key but left shift is the key i use to crouch on every game so it is hard to adjust. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and how to fix it.

Re: problem with programing keys

Just delete your profile and pull the info back down. This will create a new defaulted config.

You will need to add the "help" lines back to the general.con file to get the autohelp crap to stop. Just use the search feature for these forums.

Comment

Add this line in your control.con, under infantry.
      It binds left shift to crouch

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICrouch IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftShift 0 0

Comment

where is the control.con file and do you need a specific program to open it?

Comment

My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000x\control.con

Opens with notepad. Infantry is the top set.

Comment

thanks

Comment

No prob. You should be able to just copy and paste that line and you'll be good to go. cheers

Comment

thanks again works perfectly

Comment

Working...
                X