Fix for CTD during loading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix for CTD during loading.

THIS IS A POSSIBLE FIX FOR CRASHES DURING THE LOADING PROCESS; At least, this worked for me:

For the last few weeks, since reinstalling BF2 after a few months of not playing, I have had no luck with the 1.3 patch; before installing it the game played fine (SP) without problems. After various 'patching failed' messages, I finally managed to apply the 1.3 patch successfully, unfortunately, when I joined the game it would get up to around 40%/50%/62% (the number varies) loaded, and simply crash to desktop with no error message.

I tried everything, from running in windowed mode to get the error message (something about missing textures or models or something), to a full reformat and reinstall.

Here is what finally fixed the problem for me:

- I unninstalled BF2, clearing all profiles, screens etc. and deleting all the files in My Documents\Battlefield 2, as well as clearing all EA Games registry files.

- I then applied the (full) 1.22 patch, available from EA's BF2 website. This can take a fair amount of time (half an hour for me!), but it should get there in the end. If you DO get a 'patching failed' message, simply start the patch process again, eventually it should be succesful.

- At this point I checked BF2, and for an unknown reason I was not able to start the game at all, the splash screen would appear, the screen would go black for about a second before going back to the desktop.

- Fearing the worse, I then applied the (full) [NOT INCREMENTAL] 1.3 patch, which failed on the first attempt, but worked fine on the second.

- After all of this I was able to join any server without any crashing problems during the loading. hurray!

To sum up;
    -Clean install of BF2
    -Apply 1.22 (full) patch
    -Apply 1.3 (full) patch
    -Play game!

Very sorry if this is old news, I have gone back through a large amount of the tech support threads and have not seen this particular method mentioned before, feel free to lock/delete if it is, just thought I'd share what fixed the problem for me.

Re: Fix for CTD during loading.

hmmm... Maybe it will work for me too!

Comment

and y should we believe you.

Comment

hes lying to us all !!! lol. The CTD hopefully will be fixed in 1.4

Comment

Well, OK, I'm not forcing you to do anything, I'm just relaying what I had to fix my problem, if you don't want to try it, then fair enough.

Comment

Working...
          X