Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 voice setup - help needed

hey potatoe people

i have trouble with my 'battlecommo' setup, speak into my mic and the none of the bars move, yes my mic works fine, so i say to myself 'hhhmmm whatever lets just click save settings' uh oh, BF2VoiceSetup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. this happens EVERYTIME, dam it to the fre pits!

Re: BF2 voice setup - help needed

Goto sound and audio devices in cotrol panel, click the voice tab and do a hardware check. If all is good i would reinstall BF2.

Comment

Actually this is a funny one I've given the same fix to several people and it seems to work.

Go into BF2. A go into your OPTIONS and then AUDIO and click on the ENABLE checkbox to remove the check. Hit apply. Put the check back in the enable box. Hit apply again. It should hopefully work.

Simon

Comment

i have uninstalled an reinstalled bf2 countless times, an on each try no luck just the same outcome

i tryed the enable thingy and that did not work either...

Comment

I really need help here guys!!

p.s my boost gain button on VOip wont be checked in, why is this? its blank an wont lemme check it

Comment

Go to start, then run, then type in dxdiag this should bring up your direct x properties. Now navigate to the Sound tab. You want to move the slider from Full Acceleration to Standard Acceleration then hit ok.

If that does not work, try dropping that slider all the way down. Standard accel. should work though.

Comment

interesting....i did that, didn't work, went back and did test direct sound an at the end it said my card did not have hardware buffering...wait is this because i just turned it doown or what?

Comment

still need help people!

Comment

large banana:

I had exactly the same problem. My mic would work outside BF2, but bf2voicesetup.exe wouldn't detect any sound and would crash if I tried to save the settings anyway. I also couldn't select mic boost from inside BF2.

I'm not sure how to post a link in this forum, but there is a thread about this issue and how I got it working for me:

If that link didn't show up or work, the bottom line is that I verified that my mic worked outside BF2, I made sure that I was using the default audio device for my mic input (because BF2 supposedly only utilizes the default device), I ignored the fact that bf2voicesetup.exe wasn't working, and then (Here's the important bit) I went into BF2 and set the transmit threshhold setting to 0%. Once I did that I was able to hear my voice when I ran the VOIP test inside BF2. If I set the threshhold to anything other than 0% it wouldn't work. It has to be 0%.

I'll be curious to know if this works for you like it did for me and some others. I think that it might help a good percentage of those who are having a similar problem.

Later,
                  Mike

Comment

thank you so much, though i have not tryed it yet, and yes your link works, its the first positive outcome, for this you get cookies!

night falls on europe, meaning i must depart for now..

p.s how do you activate speec ingame...you gota press a hotkey or something?

Comment

Originally posted by large banana
                      p.s how do you activate speec ingame...you gota press a hotkey or something?
                      Assuming that your mic test works in the BF2 audio options screen, then you need to make sure you join a server that has VOIP enabled (denoted by headphones in the server list). Then, assuming that the server actually has VOIP enabled correctly, you must join a squad or create a new squad.

If you've joined an exsiting squad, you can talk to your squad mates by pressing the "B" key on your keyboard. When your transmit is active, you will see a green speaker icon show up just below your mini-map. As you talk, the icon will turn red if you overdrive the mic, to let you know that you're distorting.

If you've created a new squad, then you are the squad leader and you can talk to the commander by using the "V" key. This will cause a yellow speaker icon to appear below your mini-map.

What I've noticed is that there's very little activity on VOIP (at least on the servers that I play on). It's too bad because I think it could really help a squad and especially a pilot and gunner. But, if you aren't getting any response or hearing any other VOIP chatter from your squad or commander, then you can probably assume that the server just isn't set up right or nobody is using VOIP. The key is that your mic works in the BF2 audio options mic test.

Good Luck,
                      Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X