Should I defrag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I defrag?

These days, running a system with out a Norton Firewall, Norton SystemWorks, Spybot Search and Destroy, ( and doing the System Tools bit under Accessories )...... or some similar software, is a prescription for a real mess. 'Nuff Sed.

Larry

Comment

I defrag whenever I remove large amounts of software or when I un/reinstall video card drivers... which is like every month when Ati comes out with a new set. Basically whenever BF2 re-optimizes its shaders.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
        Partitioning would require reformatting though. Or buying a new hard drive.
        Wrong. Use Partition Magic or Acronis and it can partition without deleting your data. I would recommend backing up just in case, though. Doing this procedure takes a loooooong time and if you decide you want to cancel it in the middle you can kiss all of your data goodbyte :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
          Wrong. Use Partition Magic or Acronis and it can partition without deleting your data. I would recommend backing up just in case, though. Doing this procedure takes a loooooong time and if you decide you want to cancel it in the middle you can kiss all of your data goodbyte :laugh:
          Ah. I was not aware. Technology is wonderful.

Comment

For defrag to work efficiently you really need to have about 50 percent of your drive space free. This lets the program move every piece of data around and get it together where it should be.

Make sure to delete whatever you dont need before you defrag....

Comment

Working...
            X