crazy TOW skills or h4x?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy TOW skills or h4x?

ok, playing on sharqi today on MEC side.

hop into the helo, and boom, hit with a TOW. after getting hit a few times at the helo pad, and a few times flying inland, i realized it was from the TOW at the Hotel.

ok, no big deal, guy knows where the helo pad is to hit it from that distance. then the odd stuff happens.

hit by the same guy with the same TOW at the same hotel....while im up in my MEC helo hoovering over the top of the TV Station (we caped it, so i was repairing). is it me, or is that one hell of a shot? guy claimed he practices a lot.

later on, i forget the helo and just grab a vodnik and go to the hotel to take him out, as soon as i turn on that street, i get hit with the TOW...could be see me approaching from that distance and know i was coming?

Re: crazy TOW skills or h4x?

there was a guy here with pics on how to shoot the tow like that.. its practice.. not hack..
    the 2nd part idk.. comander?

Comment

Originally posted by -(PK)-DarkIllusion
      there was a guy here with pics on how to shoot the tow like that.. its practice.. not hack..
      wouldnt the building next to the TOW get in the way when going for teh top of the TV station?

Comment

no you can hit past it

Comment

There is a screenie where the precise aming can be done with the Sharqi hotel tow that just misses the tall building top left corner on the roof.

Comment

apparently the guy who posted the tow strategies says it doesnt work in multiplyer, only in singleplayer

Comment

Sounds like a NO fog hack or a tag hack. Does that site have battlerecorder? Can't really say for sure without some evidence to back you up.

Comment

idunno, just seemed like some insane shots to make.

Comment

Its a theoretically possible shot without hacks, but through that fog its probably a hack...

Comment

Its usually called pixel aiming. My clan and I have started learning all of the possible 16 player maps recently.

Comment

Originally posted by dBs
                      Its usually called pixel aiming. My clan and I have started learning all of the possible 16 player maps recently.
                      Reminds me of the artillery pixel shots in BF1942 :-P

Comment

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72040 (My post, Attacking MI-28)

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77727 (Galdigor's post, Attacking AH-1Z)

Comment

I am pretty damn expert with the TOW, on sharqi I get like 6 kills on the Mi-28 alot. But is that even possible, aint there a building in the way.

Either that or he has like 100% draw distance and etc, and had a constant UAV.

Comment

I just played a game like that.

The bad thing about the strats posted before is that you have to stay in the tow. I've just figured out where to fire it so that i can just fire and jump out and have the missle land neatly on the heli :laugh:

it's so cheap yet so satisfying.

as for him shooting you in the transport you can honestly hear vodnicks/humvees coming from across the map if you have headphones with good bass + soundcard that you can jack bass up with. It's especially apparent with tanks, you can hear them from a freaking mile away. That's why i have some tastey HD555s, best headphones ever.

Comment

Originally posted by sarb
                              ok, playing on sharqi today on MEC side.

hop into the helo, and boom, hit with a TOW. after getting hit a few times at the helo pad, and a few times flying inland, i realized it was from the TOW at the Hotel.

ok, no big deal, guy knows where the helo pad is to hit it from that distance. then the odd stuff happens.

hit by the same guy with the same TOW at the same hotel....while im up in my MEC helo hoovering over the top of the TV Station (we caped it, so i was repairing). is it me, or is that one hell of a shot? guy claimed he practices a lot.

later on, i forget the helo and just grab a vodnik and go to the hotel to take him out, as soon as i turn on that street, i get hit with the TOW...could be see me approaching from that distance and know i was coming?
                              was this last night the 21st? was the guys name "troyb0b"?

if so that was me and I'll provide details - if not, please ignore my post.

Last night I was in that exact spot doing that exact thing. In fact (perhaps its just the situation here in this thread) - but i remember a name in the mi-28 that seemed similiar to yours.

EDIT: It sounds a lot like what I encountered - especially the vodnik. But I don't recall shooting a guy down at the TV station from the hotel (theres a big building in the way of that TOW and the TV station)

Comment

Working...
                              X